Recent content by johnf3f

1. johnf3f

Why?

People used motor drives and could get 10 - 14 fps, just not for very long!
  2. johnf3f

1DX Mark 1 - Still worth it?

Currently I use a 1DX and 7D2 and the longest lenses I can get my hands on! Currently a Canon 800 F5.6 L IS and I still want more. The APSC sensor offers a "perceived" advantage - but only in the very best conditions + there is the significantly better AF on the 1DX compared to anything except a...
  3. johnf3f

1DX Mark 1 - Still worth it?

Been using my 1DX for years - I haven't found a worthwhile replacement yet. Yes the Mk2 is better but not much + it is much more money!
  4. johnf3f

A new Canon DSLR seems to be getting teased on social media by a Canon ambassador

A while back I was told by a Canon Rep that there was quite a range of EOS R lenses ready for production. I know Andy is playing with the R system - perhaps it is one of these? Alternatively there should be a 500 F4 Mk3 in the pipeline and, possibly, an 800 F5.6 Mk2. Time will tell but it is...
  5. johnf3f

I need an new xl backpack

I bought a used LowePro SuperTrekker a while back. Holds my 800 F5.6, 300 F2.8, 100-400, 24-70, 16-35 both camera bodies, 100 Macro and has room to spare. There are two side pouches for more lenses and a thermos flask of tea + an add on daypack for munchies and waterproofs + plenty of options to...
  6. johnf3f

How does a dead fly in a Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II affect image quality?

Why? That tiny spider gave so much entertainment when waiting for subjects to show! We all know how boring wildlife photography can be at times. Agoraphobic? It was a VERY small spidey............
  7. johnf3f

All new 24mp sensor coming to the next Canon ILC’s [CR1]

Perhaps a little against the grain, but what about today's sensor tech in a 10/12 mp APSC sensor? Think of the potential DR and high ISO performance. This would be worth much more to me!
  8. johnf3f

How does a dead fly in a Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II affect image quality?

Had a tiny spider in the viewfinder when I had my 1D4 - ruined loads of images! It was just too much fun watching the antics of this tiny fella so I missed lots of birdies:( I often wonder what happened to him/her - was it the Sensor Cleaning Monster:alien:
  9. johnf3f

Where can I find good FD mount L series lenses?

Don't know where you live so I do not know if this is of any use but I picked up a nice FD 50 F1.4 at sensible money there a while back - they did have a lot of FD toys there at the time! I was on holiday at the time (UK Resident) so I do not know what they are like now. Classic Camera...
  10. johnf3f

EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III and EF 600mm f/4L IS III developers talk about the new super telephoto lenses

The only short lenses I have used extensively that have IS are the 16-5 F4 L IS and 24-105 F4 L IS and I don't use IS on them so it would hardly be fair/sensible for me to comment.
  11. johnf3f

EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III and EF 600mm f/4L IS III developers talk about the new super telephoto lenses

I don't! However I do find that long lenses work better without IS.
  12. johnf3f

B&H is shipping the brand new EF 600mm F4 IS lll

Happy new toy!
  13. johnf3f

Shooting with the predecessors...What older Canon lenses do you still love?

Never owned the 500 F4.5, but used one a few times - excellent lens!
  14. johnf3f

Stock Notice: Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III in stock at Adorama

Weight reduction looks very nice but not sure about the price and loosing 400mm.
  15. johnf3f

EOS Film Body - Compatibility with my Canon lenses

Not certain about this as I do not use IS although many of my lenses have it. However my EOS 3 and 33V work rather nicely with all my Canon lenses from my 16-35 F4 L IS to my 800 F5.6 L IS. Frankly I am (pleasantly) surprised at how well film performs with modern lenses!