Recent content by jonebize

1. J

Samyang to release an AF 14mm f/2.8 for the RF mount

The Samyang 12/2.0 for Fuji X is nice!! This would be a great addition. I love this focal length too!! It's nice to finally be able to make some positive posts on some of these rumor sites. I like where the Canon system is going!!
  2. J

Patent: Canon RF 10-24mm f/4 and Canon RF 14-28 f/2.0

These guys are fucking legends. I might switch from Nikon. The focal length split at 28 is -so- sharp.
  3. J

A Canon RF 16-28mm f/2L USM is coming [CR1]

Underrated posts. Thanks for keeping things in perspective. The new lenses truly are amazing. EDIT: So what no one has talked about is: what is the actual concept or purpose of this lens? I think you could argue that the extra stop is not that helpful on the wide end of this range. I feel like...
  4. J

A Canon RF 16-28mm f/2L USM is coming [CR1]

A little disappointing imo. I wish they would have emphasized a somewhat longer focal length range. I wanted a 20-35mm f/2.0. The f/2.0 aperture at 16mm is not nearly as helpful at f/2.0 as it is at 35mm. I think this was a missed opportunity. I guess their idea is that an event photographer...
  5. J

Canon working on another f/2 zoom lens for the RF mount [CR1]

I think so too. It would be a fantastic lens and is somewhat of a modest hope. If the IQ (bokeh) were a little nicer than the Sigma, it would take it to the next level.
  6. J

Canon working on another f/2 zoom lens for the RF mount [CR1]

Even a really strong 20-35mm f/2 would be insane.
  7. J

Canon’s EOS-1D X Mark II equivalent mirrorless is coming sooner than originally thought [CR1]

You're talking for shooting sports? I'd be curious to hear what it's like to push it to the limits.
  8. J

Three new RF prime lenses coming in early 2020 [CR2]

What do you guys imagine the RF 24/1.4 would be like relative to the EF version? (I don't use the 24/1.4 right now so I'm not aware of its weaknesses.)
  9. J

Canon officially announces the RF 85mm f/1.2L USM

The reason everyone is complaining is because Canon does a poor job actually demonstrating the advantages of such a large, expensive lens. Look at the product description on Amazon. It's a list of the different types of lens elements and coatings. They think anyone has a clue what any of that...
  10. J

Three sample images? The way these camera companies market is pathetic. Thanks for the link, though.
  11. J

I've been digging around for samples images but haven't been able to find anything (aside from the lame stuff in this video). Does anyone know where to find this? Given that this lens is meant to capture photos, it is odd that photos are not immediately exhibited
  12. J

Patent: Canon RF 28mm f/1.8 & RF 50mm f/1.8

With a 35mm sibling, the pair would be a powerful tool in the market
  13. J

Patent: Canon RF 28mm f/1.8 & RF 50mm f/1.8

The 28/1.8 is actually not that big. Not bad! I would love a 24/2 in a similar size.
  14. J

Preorder: Canon EOS Rebel SL3

If Canon would make an EF-S 24/2 and 35/2, these would be usable