Recent content by jonjt

1. J

Photography Printers for use with Linux

Thanks for the additional information.
  2. J

Hmmm, thanks for the information. Could you tell me why a photographer would like to hide details? Thanks
  3. J

Having worked in the adtech industry, I can tell you that the latest closed-source software do share a ton of information about you. That's a big reason why I left. Thanks for the note about the trial period. Thanks for the information. Having TurboPrint in mind, I did a quick check and I...
  4. J

Hi LDS, Thanks for the response. Concerning printing, I wasn't planning on using another photo editing program to feed directly to the printer. Instead, I wanted to print directly from the printer's software. But, since I have not actually looked at the provided software (should any be...
  5. J

Hey Cayenne, So, because I'm a bit lazy, and because of a sale at B&H, I think I'm going to use my laptop (it is setup to dual boot with Ubuntu 18.04 and Windows 10) to print tiff files from my Linux desktop. Of course, I'm assuming that an exported tiff will appear the same on both machines...
  6. J

Also, if it is of any relevance, I was quickly glancing at the Epson P800, as it can print panoramas and is currently discounted at B&H. Of course, use of this printer with a Linux OS isn't explicitly supported by Epson, hence my question.
  7. J

Hello Cayenne, Thanks for the response. To move from the bottom up, I'm making use of the following software: DigiKam for management of my photo collection Darktable for editing GIMP for other things like stitching (Though GIMP needs to mature before it will be able to do what I want) Blender...
  8. J

Hello folks, I've recently disposed of my Windows licenses and switched over to Ubuntu. While I've found suitable alternatives for just about every other part of the photography process, I have not found a suitable printer. Does anyone here successfully use a relatively affordable photographic...
  9. J

More Samples Images from Canon EOS 5DS

Can you reformat that chart?
  10. J

ISO and long exposure issues:5Dmkiii

Thanks for all the help!
  11. J

I wanted to use DSS for the subtraction of the master darks but, your comment about the noise performance of PixInsight has me wondering if the cost is justified. I also have not been able to master the mask capabilities of Denoise so, there might be an additional value add there. Thanks for...
  12. J

jrista, My intended work flow would utilize Topaz denoise after the subtraction of the master dark. And so, I'm most interested in how well it performs on the luminescence and RGB noise, in comparison to the noise reduction tool you used. Your comment about how Topaz Denoise should be used...
  13. J

jrista, Thanks for the excellent addition. Just for comparison purposes, what do you think of Topaz Denoise?
  14. J

jrista, Thanks for the posts. They are absolutely fantastic. I'll definitely incorporate those recommendations into my workflow in the future.
  15. J

jrista, Thank you for the informative reply. Could you tell me what the acronym ADU means? When making a master dark frame, do I need to use the same exposure parameters as for the picture itself? So, for example, if I were to take a shot at ISO800 and 450s, would I then need to take X number...