Recent content by josephandrews222

1. J

Canon Inc. releases Q1 2019 financial results

...from the piece: "Going forward, we will continue our efforts to expand sales of premium G-series models in our effort to link this to a recovery in profitability." So Canon's solution to recovering profitability is to sell smallish cameras (including the G7X-whatever and the G9X-whatever...
  2. J

Show your Bird Portraits

Nest-building...spring has sprung.
  3. J

EOS Magazine interviews Mike Burnhill of Canon Europe

This: AA: Which brings us onto APS-C with the R system… MB: Yes, the system could support it, but again it’s not a priority because we have the M, and what we need to fill out is the lens range for the EOS R full-frame.
  4. J

Samyang officially announces the XP 10mm f/3.5, the world’s widest prime lens

...without pixel-peeping, the samples look pretty good to me. I wonder what its dimensions (including weight) are, compared to Canon's 11-24. In life and in photography, options are good.
  5. J

Two more RF mount lenses could be coming in 2019 [CR2]

Now I'm really intrigued (and interested!)...the 100-400 II is most-often found on my 5DMkIII--it is a wonderful, wonderful lens. ...talk of an RF version of the 100-400? Oh my. Exciting times for Canon; fun and enjoyment for me.
  6. J

Canon to announce at least 6 new RF lenses next week

Perhaps those with more general lens history knowledge than I...can remember a 24-240mm zoom lens. I cannot. It kind of seems like something I might want...I have found the 18-150 EF-M lens to be quite useful at times (which converts to 28-240). Exciting times.
  7. J

Show your Bird Portraits

...nearly 70 degrees warmer here than 48 hours ago; some of our backyard birds are out!
  8. J

Patent: Lots of EF-M zoom optical formulas

Presumably all of these 'new' lenses would have the EF-M 'standard' 61mm diameter...a 'limitation' that I feel is warranted as far as the original intent of the M-system is concerned (size and weight). I do like the 18-150...had the 15-1XX existed I might've gone that route. The 18-150 is quite...
  9. J

IBIS and 100mp coming to an EOS R camera? [CR2]

Mirror: bad. Pixels: good. Stabilization: good. What's not to like? (I'm certain CR posters will tell me!)
  10. J

Lower end EOS R body to omit the touch bar

(emphasis added) What you've posted here describes, perfectly, my experience with the M6.
  11. J

Review: Canon RF 28-70mm f/2L USM

...the lack of IS within the lens...will future R-mount bodies feature IBIS?
  12. J

Review: Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro

An important paragraph (as far as image quality is concerned) from the review: "The very popular Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM Lens, shown to the left above, seems to be the most relevant lens to compare. In the image quality comparison at f/2 (using discernment regarding the test camera resolution...
  13. J

5 axis IBIS coming to next Canon EOS R series camera [CR2]

I wonder if in-body stabilization is coming to the M family as well...I have resisted purchasing the EF-M 32mm f1.4 because it does not have IS--I have come to depend on IS for low-light images, especially for vacation photos.
  14. J

Review: The stellar Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM

This photo is from the review: https://photos.smugmug.com/Canon-RF-50mm-f12-USM-L/i-Sr4z2rt/0/e9d05b40/O/1V0A0025.jpg ...man that's lots of vignetting!
  15. J

Patent: Canon speedbooster for EOS M

...with your "it's a toy built for soccer moms" line, you win the internet today. Winner winner chicken dinner!