Recent content by josephandrews222

1. J

The end of an era? Review site Imaging Resource nearing its end

"many readers/viewers seem to prefer videos to text" Unfortunately...this.
  2. J

TDP Review of the RF 15-35 f2.8 L IS

I have yet to purchase a body suitable for this lens. When I make that purchase, this lens will be 'tied for first' as far as lens additions are concerned.
  3. J

Canon officially announces the EOS M200

I'm of two minds on this post. When the M (and I think the M2) were introduced, I think the kit lens was the EF-M 22. It is the lens that enabled my daughters to 'become' photographers. So I know what you're saying. But I wonder if the general public might be more attracted to a package that...
  4. J

Thanks for your response. I own (and use regularly while mated to the Canon EF 100-400 II) a 5DIII. I love it. I will continue to use it, especially for backyard birds and the like. For this usage, the optical viewfinder is essential. I also use that body with the Canon EF 35mm f2 IS; great...
  5. J

The snarky nature of many of the responses here is quite illuminating...although perhaps not in the way that the posters intended. ;) Clicking on the sponsor link (Adorama) reveals a $549.00 price for the 200/15-45 package. This is an incredible value for a well-specced, almost tiny camera...
  6. J

Patent: Here is Canon’s IBIS unit

Very good post that makes very good points. Allow me to clarify. I have found very few 11-22 opportunities, when paired to the M6 (or even the M10)...where a stop or two makes the difference between a keeper and a throwaway. Perhaps my standards aren't as high as many who post here (no snark...
  7. J

Patent: Here is Canon’s IBIS unit

If my 5DMkIII had IBIS...I would have already purchased the EF 11-24 lens. Part of the reason my M Canon bodies have seen so much use over the years is that the format's 'best' lens, the EF-M 11-22...is IS. In my hands...over and over again... lens-based IS has been invaluable. I imagine that...
  8. J

My eyes usually glaze over...

...when CR posters comment on the state of the camera industry. Perhaps those reading this post have seen the graphic in this link before...but what it conveys is, at least to me, striking (even though the general point has been made over in over in this very forum)...
  9. J

Patent: 83mp full-frame image sensor from Canon

(...no snark intended...) Please enlighten...what are the downsides of more pixels?
  10. J

You can now download the manual for the Canon EOS M6 Mark II

I'm going to have to take a look at your Tamron 18-200...we've made good use of the EF-M 18-150 but the extra reach of the Tamron would be nice.
  11. J

...in my view, the EF-M 11-22 IS is the single best reason to 'shoot M' (fabulous wide angle in a compact package)...with the EF-M 22mm f2 a close second (absurdly tiny...and wonderful quality).
  12. J

I am particularly interested in the various ways that exposure compensation can be affected in the M6 II. In the M6 I...there was only one way: the top dial (not my favorite feature of my favorite Canon camera: the M6). Presumably, in the M6 II, exposure compensation can be modified via...
  13. J

We’ve received the pricing for the new RF lenses

My goodness that 15-35 lens...2.8...with IS...that lens alone is going to sell some Rs.
  14. J

Canon EOS M6 Mark II promotional video appears to have leaked

An additional point: I'm certain, in most of the situations I've described in which ISO moves 'by itself'...what happens is that the camera 'turns itself on' and then the ISO is changed via the touchscreen. I've lost count of how many Canon cameras I've purchased...for myself and my immediate...
  15. J

Canon EOS M6 Mark II promotional video appears to have leaked

Tyroop: Canon camera user since 1981?! Outstanding... I have had the 'ISO moved and I don't know how it happened' situation occur to me on at least three occasions that I remember. One was at Epcot Center in Disney World...and what happened had to do with me not being careful with how I put...