Recent content by Juangrande

1. J

Patent: Further breakdown of Canon’s upcoming IBIS technology

I can’t imagine using a tilt shift lens without a tripod, unless maybe for creative portraits/fashion, but then I’d probably still put it on a tripod.
  2. J

Industry News: Hasselblad announces the X1D II 50C medium format camera, and the XCD 35-75 zoom lens

For the flash sync at all shutter speeds. Needed when combining ambient with flash outdoors. I shoot on location portraits mixing ambient with strobes and having to use ND filters or HSS/HS greatly reduces the flash output.
  3. J

Industry News: Hasselblad announces the X1D II 50C medium format camera, and the XCD 35-75 zoom lens

For the flash sync at all shutter speeds, something the Fuji can’t do and why I passed on it. I shoot on location portraits mixing ambient with strobes and having to use ND filters or HSS/HS greatly reduces the flash output. This camera solves that issue in a compact body rather than a studio...
  4. J

Is a brand new 32.5mp APS-C sensor from Canon on the way? [CR1]

If your having storage problems with 24mp crop sensor files you need to upgrade that 1990’s computer hardware your using
  5. J

Is an RF 135mm f/1.4L USM in development? [CR1]

Or you could shoot a subject some distance from the camera (full length and then some) and get great separation like never before at a longer distance. And if you wanted a tight headshot you still have the freedom to close down a couple stops. I would love such a lens.
  6. J

IBIS and 100mp coming to an EOS R camera? [CR2]

If your shooting with a 100 mp camera your likely using a tripod.
  7. J

Lower end EOS R body to omit the touch bar

I use the Touch Bar on my MacBook Pro all the time and love it and so glad it there because it’s very useful in PS and LR. So maybe not for you for some reason but definitely for me.
  8. J

Another interview about the EOS R and talk of an APS-C EOS R Body

Let’s hope your next post is not a Redundant Retread of the worn out Rebuke that Canon is yet again doomed.
  9. J

Is the Canon EOS 5DS series to be replaced by a mirrorless camera? [CR1]

I dunno, it depends on your needs. I personally have no use for video so I don’t even look at those specs and Canon has better native lenses out of the gate and in the near future. I think personally Canon has better ergonomics on the EOS R (I prefer a slightly larger body for comfort and...
  10. J

Is the Canon EOS 5DS series to be replaced by a mirrorless camera? [CR1]

L You have a point about re purposing older tech but to counter that the 5DS/R was new tech. Same for the 5Dmk4. Hopefully we’ll see some brand new sensor tech moving forward. I think they needed to go with the repurposed 5Dmk4 sensor on the first EOS R body in order to get something to market...
  11. J

We were wrong, all of your Canon mirrorless dreams are likely coming true soon

I personally like the look and feel of my 5D4, the ergonomics are great. I dislike the clunky look of Nikon DSLR’s and the Sony is unattractive looking and very uncomfortable in the hands, especially larger hands. And the hard edges don’t fit your hands. So I hope Canon sticks to the great...
  12. J

Profoto Announces the World's Smallest Studio Light, The Profoto A1

It's more than "just" a speed light. The light quality will be better than s typical flash without the hotspot of a typical flash and better softer fall off. Also it has an led modeling lamp that works proportional to the other Profoto lights for setting your ratios. It has a lithium battery...
  13. J

New Firmware for EOS 5D Mark IV Coming Soon [CR2]

A few months ago I attended a class with Joel Grimes at the Canon Learning Center in Costa Mesa and he was discussing how he uses the 3rd party Cam Ranger hardware to do ISO bracketing in fine art portraits. This technique allows you to combine studio flash set ups (mono lights w/soft boxes...