Recent content by JumboShrimp

1. J

Dubai tips ???

Going for first time in late March, so advice on gear and what to do/photo would be appreciated.
  2. J

600mm options

Try the Sony RX10iv at the 600mm setting. Probably better than you might think.
  3. J

Suggestions / Issues with the New CR Site

I'm truly sorry, but I really miss the old site. (BTW, I never view the site on any of my mobile devices, only my PC.)
  4. J

When I go on safari, what’s in my camera bag?

First, protect whatever equipment you carry. The extremely fine powdery dust (think: baking flour) will get everywhere.
  5. J

What is a Canon FD 200/2.8RF ?

RF for "Rear focusing" makes sense, but odd that they did not call it the MII version.
  6. J

What is a Canon FD 200/2.8RF ?

I was looking at which lenses would fit the Canon FD to EOS converter (the 1.26x version) and noticed that it would fit the "FD 200mm f/2.8RF". Anyone know what that lens is? See attached compatibility table.
  7. J

General purpose f/2.8 zoom for 80D?

For wide stuff, seriously consider the Tokina 11-20/2.8.
  8. J

Why Would I use Canon's DPP?

OP here. I have been following all replies, and some new thoughts, too, and wish to thank you all. You obviously know way more than I about this stuff. (I did upload Elements 2018 just now so I feel a BIT more savvy.)
  9. J

Why Would I use Canon's DPP?

I don't really relish PP all that much, and am perfectly happy with Elements and a few plug-ins. I never use RAW, and have no interest in video. I do try my best to practice good in-camera technique for my stills. That said, what am I missing by not using Canon's DPP?
  10. J

Show your Bird Portraits

Spotted Owl #2 - Ranthambore A pair of chicks. Shot from back of safari vehicle. Handheld. With Lumix FZ1000.
  11. J

Show your Bird Portraits

Spotted Owl #1 - Ranthambore From back of safari vehicle. Handheld. Canon 80D with 55-250.
  12. J

Rapid-Fire AEB for M-Series ?

Thank you, Photorex. I will look into the latest M-series bodies with latest Digic processors.
  13. J

Rapid-Fire AEB for M-Series ?

I shoot most of my stills using AEB, and rapid sequential shots are quite important for HDR and other stuff. (The original G7X was abysmal, for instance.) I am not familiar with the workings of the M-Series Canons, and wonder if anyone out there can comment on which M-Series has good/bad time...
  14. J

Looking for Tiny Body with WA

Mistaspeedy: Thanks for the Lumix GM5 suggestion - looks promising. Will OM-D lenses fit on a GM5?
  15. J

Looking for Tiny Body with WA

Trying to find the best, and most importantly SMALLEST, combination of a body with a WA zoom lens at least as wide as 20mm equivalent. I have looked at the MFT Olympus PEN-F with their 9-18mm (18-36 equiv) but that's even too large. I will be using this combo as a fancy P&S, so don't really need...