Recent content by KeithBreazeal

1. KeithBreazeal

Canon increased its global market share of still cameras in 2018

I think Canon's success is multifaceted but it's ergonomics and the intuitive design is the key. If you don't have to use the instruction manual to navigate the system in a timely manner, that's big. I once tried to help a Nikon user with some setting and about tore my hair out. Word of mouth...
  2. KeithBreazeal

Canon working on another f/2 zoom lens for the RF mount [CR1]

The wide end would be welcome at this end. 10mm would be awesome, 12mm would be OK. The big heavy superwide lenses need a tripod mount.
  3. KeithBreazeal

A Canon RF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM is on the way [CR2]

Internal TC :)
  4. KeithBreazeal

Is a dedicated astrophotography EOS R coming in 2019? [CR1]

Maybe something like "in-body filters" or some kind of drop in filter tray in front of the image plane.
  5. KeithBreazeal

Canon Inc. releases Q1 2019 financial results

Cell phone photography offers instant gratification. From ease of use to sharing, it can't be beat. With so many DSLR "photographers" today, it's hard to compete at an economical level. When a wedding album consists of a bunch of cell phone photos that the guests shared with you, that's a...
  6. KeithBreazeal

The fastest memory cards for your Canon EOS RP

They used an EOS R, not the RP, for the tests.(read the fine print) No big deal.
  7. KeithBreazeal

Patent: 8-15mm fisheye zoom for mirrorless

OMG! Not quite fast enough for astro work, but worthy of a try.
  8. KeithBreazeal

Patent: Canon in-body image stabilization

Depending on how the original IBIS patent was written, Canon may find it difficult to design one from scratch without infringing on another patent. You see these infringements all the time with smart phone manufacturers. The last thing Canon would want to do is steal patent ideas and get...
  9. KeithBreazeal

Canon talks IBIS and EOS M in a recent interview

Adding dual slots and IBIS require more electronics, hence more battery power. Maintaining the current body size of the R and the battery will severely limit battery life- which is on the short end now. Look for the form factor to grow a bit. I'm holding out until Canon can get the R series...
  10. KeithBreazeal

Canon shows off concept cameras at CP+

Shoots in FF 8K. LOL
  11. KeithBreazeal

Another Canon EOS R series body mentioned [CR2]

Getting rid of the FUBAR, real 8+ fps, and IBIS is good for me. I have several specialty lenses without IS, so IBIS would be icing on the cake. I would have much more fun using my Celestron C5 with IBIS.
  12. KeithBreazeal

Thoughts on the Canon EOS R roadmap

I see the logic of consumer grade FF introductions to capture the market but the thing that doesn't make sense is the opening salvo of big heavy pro glass without a body for pros. No informed amateur is going to dive on a camera body that is supported with 2-3K lenses. The whole concept of...
  13. KeithBreazeal

As many as 7 new RF lenses coming in 2019 [CR2]

10 bit digital has been around since the dawn of man. It's the mirror that was waiting in the winds. ;)
  14. KeithBreazeal

Patent: Canon Image Sensor Stabilization

I'll consider the jump to the "R" type series when it has IBIS, a minimum of 8 fps with AF, better buffering times, and a more reasonable button/control layout.
  15. KeithBreazeal

Canon RF lens specifications

8 fps max - seriously? That's sad.