Recent content by keithcooper

1. keithcooper

The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III is coming in 2020

Indeed, but I was just reacting to the original post, which implied it didn't happen. The Digic 5 was first in the 1D X (announcement - it took a long while to appear) The appearance of different digic chips over the years and in different models. This is the latest I've used (good to see Digic...
  2. keithcooper

The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III is coming in 2020

From my quick check* of my timeline, it could be said that Digic 2, 3 and 5 were first seen in 1 series announcements. Next year Digic 8 will be 2 years after it's first use - quite reasonable for Digic 9 to appear somewhere (I'd pinned it for the Pro Mirrorless, but with IBIS in the 1D X mk3...
  3. keithcooper

An RF mount L macro lens will be announced alongside the high-megapixel EOS R camera

Yes architecture, interiors and industrial - I do macro work as well, mainly electronics related (so no flowers/insects/fungi) I have one long lens, a 70-200 2.8L IS ;-) These are my main reasons that I've no business interest in video, and AF performance (and high ISO) are things largely of...
  4. keithcooper

An RF mount L macro lens will be announced alongside the high-megapixel EOS R camera

No, the field is the last place I want to use mine - indoors only ;-) That's why I'm hoping it won't be yet another 'normal' lens with macro. 'Proper macro' please - loads of magnification and none of this infinity focus nonsense (OK, the Laowa 25mm relay lens does 2x and focuses to ∞ , but...
  5. keithcooper

See earlier for more on this - the issue for me is that for macro use 'a bit' really isn't very much at all
  6. keithcooper

I have to be careful with this when people ask for macro photography - my personal definition may be 1x or more, but I've had numerous clients where it just meant close-up. In the interests of paying work, I'm happy to adopt the 'close-up' definition and not try and 'explain' why they are wrong ;-)
  7. keithcooper

Indeed - I hear of this and very rarely see it in my architectural and interior work. I guess I must be using it wrong... ;-) If you stitch images over the full image circle I do see a bit of barrel distortion, but that's easily fixed. The edges of the image circle fall off in detail, needing...
  8. keithcooper

Not my professional work... that list would stymie 75% of my paying work ;-) Missing from my POV are: 8-15 zoom fisheye wide TS-E (24) very wide TS-E (17) MP-E65 equivalent
  9. keithcooper

The problem is that as you increase magnification, the degree of actual tilt of the plane of focus becomes smaller, to a point of being pretty useless for the added complexity. Shift can be of use at strong tilt to reduce some vignetting effects, but that depends on lens design and usage. I've...
  10. keithcooper

Patent: 83mp full-frame image sensor from Canon

Sometimes I work in industrial environments where a tripod simply isn't an option - sure, I might like one, but getting the shot's what counts. 'Best' is an ill defined term for myself... That and I've always regarded habitual use of tripods in landscape photography as a relic of the 19th...
  11. keithcooper

'Best' is a slippery term ;-) Recent (architectural) experience hand held with a H6D-50 (and 1.5x T/S unit) definitely makes me question this... Yes, i did use a tripod, but I've a whole lot of hand held stuff too that is suitably sharp
  12. keithcooper

But it's not just for huge prints, and it doesn't need a giant tripod... I happily shoot hand held with the 5Ds and for studio use (product work) could sometimes do with the extra resolution. Thing is that 50->83 isn't that big a jump. I went from 1Ds->1Ds3->5Ds going 11MP to 21MP to 50MP...
  13. keithcooper

Our favourite hands-on preview of the Canon EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

Sorry, but painful and irksome to watch (YMMV, but to me it matters) If you like that approach then good, but I couldn't stick more than short burst of it. Enough to believe that he probably does have some good comments in there, but I'll wait for other ways of finding out. Both cameras look...
  14. keithcooper

Canon EOS 90D full specifications

Guess this kills off any 7D mk3 ;-)
  15. keithcooper

Patent: Canon RF 50-80mm f/1.1, because crazy is good

Indeed, mostly on the internet ;-) However I do a few talks each year for camera clubs and there you find the pre-internet version, who seems to think that I have some deep attachment to Canon and will leap to defend them from insults... Usually pointing to the TS-E17 or whatever on the front...