Recent content by Kiton

1. K

Review: Sigma 28mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art

I have that lens too, great lens in its sweet spot.
  2. K

100% Leica and Nikon get it. I have the Leica 28mm f2.0, GREAT lens. Nikon has the G series 1.8 primes. Canon has......odd choices and trophy items.
  3. K

No thanks! Alternatively, I reluctantly went 28mm 2.8 IS. The 24mm 1.4 does not fit a jacket pocket, nor is it discreet in the street.
  4. K

"..... I’ve always wanted Canon to make an EF 28mm f/1.4L...." I agree with you on the 28mm lens, but: I have asked Canon and Sigma many times, please make a 28mm f 2 (and a fresh 85 f2) Not a 1.4!! The Canon 35 f2 is a great lens, sharp as a tack, light and small enough to put in a pocket...
  5. K

What lenses are coming next for the Canon RF mount?

That is a nice list. But I think most of the camera makers have forgotten their roots and are chasing what is "sexy". Sad really. 28mm f2 85mm f2 and optionally, a 70-200 2.8 is all a street shooter really needs most often. Some may wish for one very wide, but still small, prime. The current...
  6. K

The New EOS Inspector 2 App for MacOS, Get an Accurate Shutter Count for Canon Cameras

When I sold my 5d mk 3, it 440,000 exposures. It was still functioning perfectly. The guy who bought has been using it for over a year just fine, the cost to change the shutter, 160.00 I promised him "if it goes in the first year you have the camera I will split the cost with you". When I...
  7. K

Patent: Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 & EF 100mm f/1.8

Let's hope Canon gets their S____ together and replaces the 85 1.8. Great lens, just make it a little sharper and keep the filter size below 67mm, staying at 58mm would be better still. I tested the 85 1.4, Not a hope in Hell I would buy that beast (or the sigma and its 86mm front element). If...
  8. K

Preorder All The New Canon Releases

Don't switch unless you have very little gear to begin with. Nikon has the G series primes, at a reasonable cost, which Canon does not (other than the 35 f2.0). Stick with Nikon, buy a few 1.8 primes to stick in each jacket pocket and hit the streets. :-)
  9. K

The price in CDN is an almost exact currency conversion. The product is over priced.
  10. K

Re: New Canon Gear Preorders Are Live $4,500 cdn dollars for the 5d body. They just lost me, I will hang on to the 5d mk 3 a little longer.
  11. K

1Dx mk2 arrived

I fear you are very right Graham. I would like to think they could do something to help us work, but past practice......not so rosy. I just can't follow their thinking process at all anymore.
  12. K

1Dx mk2 arrived

Two 1Dx mk 2 arrived today. Unreal high ISO performance and fast as hell. For those of us who need SD cards at times, save your cash, the DeLock CFast to SD card adapter is not compatible at this time. Hopefully in some future firmware update that will get fixed.
  13. K

Canon's Full Frame Future [CR2]

You bring up an interesting point about photography in general. There is an old saying: Ask 10 photographers a question and you will get 12 answers. I am an old school, life long, newspaper shooter. I am pretty well published in a major market newspaper somewhere, every day of every week...
  14. K

I checked all frames at 100% The tack sharp ratio of frames was lower on the S than the 3. Add the limited iso of the S, and I don't think the camera is not for me. I will hold until the 5D mk 4 comes and re-evaluate then. The highest tack sharp ration came my 1d mk 4. But I don't carry that...
  15. K

CR, I think you gage the market very well! The extra cropping margin of a 22 or 24mp sensor would be the icing on the cake. Bring us top tier focusing and a little more useable iso and the camera will sail off the shelf. I tried the 5Ds, the camera, as amazing as it is, is not for me in the...