Recent content by Larsskv

1. L

The Canon EOS 5D Mark V is in the works [CR2]

How do you consider Sony and “firmly fixed on .... the future” when they chose the existing (and too narrow) APS-C mount for their full frame cameras?
  2. L

RF24-70 & RF15-35 Reviews

I agree! I for one love the images I get from the EF 50L and the EF 85LII. They make subjects look good in a way few other lenses can. I sold my EF50L after getting the RF50L, but bought another one after a few months. I absolutely love the RF50L, but it hasn’t made the EF50L obsolete in my...
  3. L

EOS R / RF 24-105mm f/4L First impression.

A small tip about the touch bar. I use it to rate images, since the R doesn’t have a dedicated button for this. I really like it for that use.
  4. L

Canon RF 28-70 f/2L and what else?

Just out of curiosity, are you speaking from your own experience?
  5. L

Got the RF85

Thanks to the TS for the nice pictures, and the comparison. My first impressions of the RF85 f1.2 can be read here: https://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?threads/canon-rf-85-f1-2-l-first-impressions.37295/
  6. L

Canon RF 85 f1.2 L first impressions

I got the RF 85 f1.2 L two days ago, and have been trying it out on the streets. I have compared it to the EF 85LII and the EF 85 f1.8. I don't post any comparison pictures here, but long story short, it is much better in every measurable way other than size and weight. 1. It is huge! It...
  7. L

Canon’s EOS-1D X Mark II equivalent mirrorless is coming sooner than originally thought [CR1]

I am aware that the new Panasonic has a great EVF, but is it bright enough to render a scene for eyes adjusted to strong sunlight?
  8. L

Canon’s EOS-1D X Mark II equivalent mirrorless is coming sooner than originally thought [CR1]

I believe the biggest problem Canon has when it comes to a pro RF body/1DXII replacement, is the viewfinder. The EOS R is supposed to have one of the best EVFs on the market, but to tell you the truth, I hate using it in sunlight, not to mention snow and sun at the same time. For that reason...
  9. L

Canon explains RF lens technology and why bigger is better (sometimes)

The debate here, as I understand it, is whether or not the RF mount has advantages over the EF mount when it comes to lens design. In my opinion, all the RF lenses that has been released so far indicates similar or better optical quality in a smaller package, than the most comparable (aperture...
  10. L

The computer generated mtf charts of the Canon RF 50 (which unfortunately is my best source of information) indicates that it is better at f1.2 than either the Sigma 50 ART or the Zeiss 50 Milvus are at f1.4 (as measured by lens rentals). The comparison tool at the digital picture shows they...
  11. L

I don’t believe that Canon could make EF versions matching the RF 50 or RF 28-70 without adding size and weight. I don’t believe Sony could either, with their narrow APS-C designed FE mount.
  12. L

Referring to this and earlier posts about the RF mount. As I see it, the RF 50 proves advantages over the EF mount. It pretty much matches the Zeiss Otus 55 in a smaller package, despite being half a stop faster. The RF 28-70 f2 is also unmatched by the EF mount.
  13. L

Canon officially announces the RF 85mm f/1.2L USM

If we are lucky the lack of edge sharpness is a result of field curvature/not having a flat focus plane. If so, when focusing at the edge, you will hit the actual focus plane and get a much sharper result than the test figures suggests.
  14. L

Three new RF prime lenses coming in early 2020 [CR2]

The RF lenses has more precise Servo AF than the EF lenses. The RF mount has more electrical connections and transfers much more data between camera and lens than the EF mount does. Canon has reported that the EOS R is able to transfer 40 times more data with an RF lens, than the 5D IV is...
  15. L

Canon officially announces the RF 85mm f/1.2L USM

I noticed a price increase in some online retailers, and my weak character made me hurry to place an order at a store that hadn’t yet increased the price. :rolleyes: I would have bought it sooner or later anyway, so why wait...?