Recent content by Larsskv

1. L

Three new RF prime lenses coming in early 2020 [CR2]

The RF lenses has more precise Servo AF than the EF lenses. The RF mount has more electrical connections and transfers much more data between camera and lens than the EF mount does. Canon has reported that the EOS R is able to transfer 40 times more data with an RF lens, than the 5D IV is...
  2. L

Canon officially announces the RF 85mm f/1.2L USM

I noticed a price increase in some online retailers, and my weak character made me hurry to place an order at a store that hadn’t yet increased the price. :rolleyes: I would have bought it sooner or later anyway, so why wait...?
  3. L

I agree, but just now, I compared Canons published mtf charts of the 35LII with Lensrentals measurements, and I found them to be almost indistinguishable. Easy to compare if you google “mtf canon 35 L II “and display/search for images.
  4. L

The computer generated mtfs Canon has released of the RF 85 f1.2 L compares favorably against Lensrentals mtf measurements of the Otus 85 and Sigma 85. And that is at f1.2 compared to f1.4! The best lens Lensrentals has measured wide open from an mtf standpoint is the new Sony FE 135 f1.8...
  5. L

The new RF 85 f1.2 L seems to fulfill the lust for sharpness that even the most demanding of us craves for. Personally I feel torn, as GAS drives me to get the best RF-lenses, but on the other hand, for portrait purposes especially, I find that sharpness is overrated. I think the EF 85 LII is...
  6. L

I would like to see more image samples comparing bokeh, but yes, I did also prefer the normal version in those samples. 1,5 stops isn’t too bad though. It makes it effectively f2, which is my most used aperture with the EF 85 f 1.2L.
  7. L

Hey! Some info on the DS version versus the standard RF 85 f1.2 L here...
  8. L

It’s 1196 grams. Still heavy though.
  9. L

A few more images of the Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM leak out ahead of this week’s announcement

Specs on BHPhoto. 82mm front filter tread. 2,6lb/1196 grams... pricing at 2699 dollars. Minimum focus distance 2,79’ / 85cm
  10. L

Firmware: Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro v2.0.0

I updated the RF 24-105 a couple of days ago. I downloaded from Canon, and the download consisted of pdf-installation guides in different languages, and the actual firmware file. I dropped the firmware file onto the SD card (which first was formatted in the camera). When you go to the “firmware...
  11. L

DXOMark tests the Canon EOS R image sensor, scores it at 89

I have to agree. I have no real world issues with the IQ from the R-sensor, but I can say that it isn’t at 1DXII standards (which I used to own) when it comes to ISO. I haven’t done any side by side comparisons with my 5DIV, but my impression is that the 5DIV has an advantage over the R when it...
  12. L

RP - Now I have one.....

I wonder when or how dark it must be before the EVF becomes laggy. I haven’t noticed significant issues with EVF lag when shooting at f1.2, at 1/200sec and ISO 6400...
  13. L

Is an RF 135mm f/1.4L USM in development? [CR1]

I am happy to defend the 200 f2.8LII. I got one used a couple of months ago, and I love it. Reasonably small and light (just a little bit bigger than the 135L), fast to focus, sharp across the frame at f2.8, and beautiful bookeh! It made me sell the 70-200 f2.8LIII I got on sale on black friday...
  14. L

If so, GAS would hit me hard, and I would buy (yet another) lens I don’t need. ;)
  15. L

I agree! It’s not that I don’t appreciate sharp lenses, but I have a hard time understanding those who crave so much for more sharpness than you can have with the EF 135L, also at f2. When you reach a certain level of sharpness, “sharp enough“ (which the 135L is) getting sharper becomes...