Recent content by LetTheRightLensIn

1. L

Interview: Talking with Canon about the EOS R system and its future

"The number of pixels itself is the same as EOS 5D Mark IV, but the sensor itself is newly developed. The content has changed a lot, such as adoption of a new dual pixel CMOS AF and arrangement of microlenses according to EOS R system. " really? it's the same old tech, adjusting the angle of a...
  2. L

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R system

@miketcool " A few Sony A series cameras allow a full sensor readout where the processor either compresses info, or samples a few pixels instead of all of them. This leaves you with video that is noisy and not sharp. It’s not turned on by default and Sony sets a 1.5x crop factor for video. Even...
  3. L

Starting the new fast zoom at 28mm is a bit of a bummer, having 24mm is awfully nice. Maybe they will also come out with say an f/2.8 one that does 24mm-70mm? It does seem that the new mount distance does allow for some potentially superb performance at the edges or for ultra fast lenses.
  4. L

How updated is the sensor? are they finally to the modern age of a Sony sensor or is it still same old low DR Canon as always? Gotta finally be a truly modern sensor no??? At least the video has 10bit external (that is huge) although they still seem afraid to lead the pack. Why not jump ahead...
  5. L

Low Pass Filter?

at this still modest density it's better to have a low pass filter, so it's good that it does
  6. L

Lots of Talk, Very Little Solid Information About Canon's Next Cameras

Yeah, just about every piece of camera gear I purchased from 1986 until recently was Canon, but I finally got sick of their coasting on past laurels BS. I tried for years to warn people that Canon was just gonna deliver blah stuff and that they needing pushing, but got called a troll. When you...
  7. L

Video Capabilities Will Be at the Heart of All Future Canon Prosumer Camera Bodies [CR2]

That might be a smart move. I purchased nothing but Canon (well than for a couple Tamron and one Rokinon lens) from 1986 until a few years ago, but they haven't gotten a dollar from me in a few years now.
  8. L

Magic Lantern Gets 4K Video Working on the EOS 5D Mark III

doing it on your free time with no insider info turns 5+ years of ML time into like 3-4 months of Canon engineering time, if even
  9. L

Canon USA Announces Canon Log Feature Upgrade for the EOS 5D Mark IV

Certainly helps, but should have been there to begin with and then $99.... when a two year old Sony will still produce better quality 4k and who knows what the next one does.... ah well, whatever it's been a few years since I have purchased a single item of any sort from Canon a shame
  10. L

Crop Factor Change for 4K on Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Included in Coming Update & More

Re: HiCrop Factor Change for 4K on Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Included in Coming Update & More although 10bit option would sure be useful, the RAW video on 5D3 that is more like 11-12 bit is a HUGE step up from 8bit, 10bits really is a huge deal compared to 8bits gotta figure a Sony will be out with...
  11. L

Crop Factor Change for 4K on Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Included in Coming Update & More

Re: HiCrop Factor Change for 4K on Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Included in Coming Update & More might actually become useful for video, Sony stuff has just produced so much nicer quality I personally couldn't even be bothered with the 5D4, now if they could just make a version without the special...
  12. L

Lensrentals.com Puts the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II Through Testing

The 24-70 2.8 II does suffer from focal plane tilt problems and it's very hard to get a uniform copy across the board, probably would need to try at 8-12 copies. But it has insane micro-contrast, it's pretty much APO and reject LoCA amazingly well, it starts super sharp anywhere remotely near...
  13. L

50mm is the weak spot of the 24-70 IS but I find I tend to shoot the least at 50mm which often seems boring on FF and I bet most people shoot 90% near the extremes of the ranges of zooms. I bet 95% of my shots with it were 24mm-35mm or 65-70mm. Of course your mileage may well vary.
  14. L

stop down focus can fight focus shift at close distances and sharpen stuff up
  15. L

I liked my 24-70 f/4 IS until I sold it for a 16-35 IS. I thought it was vastly better than any copy of the 24-105 IS I ever tried, none of which ever cut it for me at the wide end for landscape quality. I was also way pro 24-70 f/4 IS over the 24-105 f/4 IS. The former was a good deal faster in...