Recent content by lexptr

1. lexptr

Adobe testing a new price point for the Creative Cloud Photography Plan

For years I pay subscription fee, despite using LR/PS accessionaly. That is because 1) I don't want to think about pausing/restarting the subscription; 2) I want to support the developer. Current price is about right. I would say: on the high side of "right" (just compare with what you get with...
  2. lexptr

Is an RF 135mm f/1.4L USM in development? [CR1]

But what if new one will be sharper AND maintain all the good qualities of the old 135 f2 or even improve them? Also there are some super-mega-pixel bodies these days and people who want to use them and make large prints.
  3. lexptr

Is an RF 135mm f/1.4L USM in development? [CR1]

Not exactly. The "holly trinity" is awesome. The RF 70-200 f2.8 is incredibly small. So I would say, they push in both directions: extreme super-species and normal workhorses. Where they are not focused is the third one: smaller and cheaper non-L lenses. Any ways, I agree with you, a good 135...
  4. lexptr

Patent: Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM

Still no IS... I think it may be an evidence of IBIS in future R bodies. It should be effective for such, relatively short, focals. So a good reason to save on IS. 2019 may be a very interesting year for cannon users!
  5. lexptr

Patent: 500mm and 600mm diffractive optic lenses

I see news and rumors about those two again and again but still don't get the point. They add DO while, unlike with 400mm, retain the same max aperture. So, I guess, it will be even more expensive and have narrower customers niche. So, what for? With their recent advancements in weight reduction...
  6. lexptr

Ended: Your favourite new lens from Canon in 2018

Why not a multi-choice? I like several. Every tool for its task. It is ok to have various tasks with different favorite tools for them :-)
  7. lexptr

Sigma Ships Its Most Anticipated Global Vision Lens of the Year – The Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 DG OS HSM Sports Lens

Nice! Interesting, how it will compare with the Canon's shameless recolor mark III…
  8. lexptr

The first RF mount super telephoto lens will be a DO lens [CR2]

Mmmm... 500mm f/5.6 DO would be a very interesting thing. Thanks Nikon for starting the trend. Well, I hope it will be a trend :)
  9. lexptr

We were wrong, all of your Canon mirrorless dreams are likely coming true soon

Interesting... I think it is possible, that the announcement date was not final until they saw what Nikon is going to deliver. What it can tell us? Probably the Conon's FF mirorless is Ok for the competition. Otherwise they would hold it more to make it better. Just guessing.
  10. lexptr

At Least Two Big White Lenses Coming Ahead of Photokina [CR3]

200mm f/2.0L and 800mm f/5.6L for sure! Those are the only two big whites missing the new body color!
  11. lexptr

MT 26EXRT first impression

Yeah, I know the lens mounting ring has that limitation. I think Canon states in the manual (of MP-E or the flash) that it is incompatible for magnification beyond 4:1 or even 3:1. I don't understand, why Canon doesn't make a better solution for own very obvious macro flash + macro lens...
  12. lexptr

MT 26EXRT first impression

Just starting my experiments with MP-E 65, so may be a dumb question but how this flash better than using two remote controlled regular flashes mounted on arms? I do see some size/weight/handling benefits plus modeling light, but is there anything else?
  13. lexptr

Updated EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II on the Horizon? [CR1]

Yes, the current lens is great. Not perfect, but great. Being 6 years old it still beats the newest editions of other brands in terms of IQ (may be except for Sony? Didn't check their comparisons). And yes, it lacks the stabilizer. I agree with above said, it is meaningless to upgrade it without...
  14. lexptr

Patent: Optical Formula for an EF 800mm f/5.6L IS II

Another lens, which just needs a new color to match other lenses… 200mm f2 will follow. (Sorry for joking all around about lens recoloring. Just can't recover after 70-200 f2.8 announcement.) Now seriously, the 800mm needs a good update. According to TDP's IQ comparisons, it doesn't perform...
  15. lexptr

What's Next From Canon?

Well, I hope it doesn't mean even more old lenses with new color scheme…