Recent content by llre

1. L

A rather obvious question about using a hand held light meter?

What metering mode is the camera set on - point, matrix, etc.? My thinking is that some of the camera's metering modes may counter the light meters recomended settings. Still learning. Robert
  2. L

Rather dumb question about cropping in ACR

It kicks you out of crop mode. And your back to square one. (see my previous answer)
  3. L

Yes you can, but as soon you click the crop tool icon the uncropped image reappears. Robert
  4. L

I crop an image. Later I need to make a minor adjustment to the crop. A soon I click the crop tool the full uncropped image appears on the screen. The originally cropped image is now a small highlighted area in the center of the image. Rather useless for detailed work. Is there a way of cropping...
  5. L

Adobe Camera Raw and white ( for color balance)

I've come across several instances where someone has stated that white is the best choice to color balance in ACR. Something about how the files are encoded. Grey will work, but its not as accurate as white. Is this true? They point out that ACR only has a white sample tool, while PS has three...
  6. L

Adobe camera raw and white ( for color balance)

I've come across several instances where someone has stated that white is the best choice to color balance in ACR. Something about how the files are encoded. Grey will work, but its not as accurate as white. Is this true? They point out that ACR only has a white sample tool, while PS has three...
  7. L

Help, am I seeing things? Question about Kodak Color Control Patches

Is the white on the card one solid color? When I look at it I see a slight difference between the top and bottom (despite not having a dividing line like the other colors). I see the top having a slightly grayish hint to it. Or is this an illusion caused by the surrounding colors? And if it is...
  8. L

Exposure consistency among different copies of PS/ACR (all cc 2019)

Hey, all I'm having to work on three different machines. A desktop with a graphics card and 4k monitor, a laptop, and a desktop with a real crappy monitor. The 4k machine and laptop are both new. The 4K monitor is the only one calibrated. My concern is not so much the look of the images on the...
  9. L

Setting black and white points. Very divergent results.

Starting from zero... First, I used the "ALT" method. I ended up with +33 white and -12 black. Next, I tried "auto". I got +33 white and +38 black. Why the large difference with blacks? Is this my problem: my images are of 19th century documents on a black background. The camera and/or ACR are...
  10. L

Batch renaming with Bridge CS6

At work I have access to CC Bridge. I can rename different formats of related images simultaneously. Example, I have the following files in a folder: A.cr2, B.cr2, A.jpeg, B.jpeg, A.tiff, B.tiff, A.xmp, B.xmp. I Want to rename them starting with 1. At work I highlight the cr2 files and the other...
  11. L

Which pixel format is best for editing images?

I see a big difference between ycbcr 444 and full rgb. Most discussions online about the topic quickly turn to tv or video, nothing about still images that I can find. Also, recently my prints have turned out overly bright. Some look overexposed compared to what I see on the monitor. And yes my...
  12. L

Which pixel format is best for editing images?

ycbcr 444 ycbcr 422 rgb limited or full rgb? Also which gives the best match when it comes to printing? thanks Robert PS I have an Asus MX279H monitor.
  13. L

WB changing when I open image in photoshop.

I took the original Raw file and fixed it to my liking. What you see in ACR. That's the image I wanted. But when I save it (jpeg or tiff) and open it in PS I get what you see on the left. Same thing happens when I open the cr2 file directly in PS.
  14. L

Sorry, I should have been more specific. The jpeg is derived from the Raw file. Same thing happens with a .tiff of the same image, and even with the .cr2, when I open them in PS.
  15. L

Hey, what's going on: