Recent content by Lurker

1. L

An RF mount L macro lens will be announced alongside the high-megapixel EOS R camera

Not really. Though to be fair common usage has bastardized the term and even camera companies have for marketing purposes. Websters: Definition of macro- : large : on a large scale Something that is 1/2 it's original size is...
  2. L

Mirrorless viewfinders and wildlife photography

More fair comparison might be 1DX or at least a 5D IV with a grip. https://camerasize.com/compare/#812,655
  3. L

Initial testing shows Canon’s new 32.5mp APS-C sensor improves dynamic range over predecessor

No, it's just putting a limit on an open ended system. As long as the sensor is exposed to light it will count. The final result is from 0-infinity. No camera supports infinity, every camera can have blown highlights.
  4. L

CAPTURE ONE PRO IS NOW SUBSCRIPTION BASED TOO.

Kind of an elitist, self-aggrandizing statement and post. You basically say you don't mind the plan, it's pro software for pros. Implication is that you are a pro and anyone that doesn't like subscription software is not, they are lesser than you. I'm not convinced that is true. I personally...
  5. L

Canon EOS 90D promotional video appears to have leaked

You passed right over Cryhavoc post (#46), which is most likely correct and took Tugela post (#47) to heart and now the sky is falling and Canon is doomed. I would read the / as an or. A/B is the same as A or B but saves 3 key strokes.
  6. L

Patent: IBIS appears in a Canon DSLR for the first time

I didn't know that Canon owned Pentax. Maybe the title was edited since your post.
  7. L

Will Canon Stopped Develop EF Lens Line Up?

I know how much Tony N is loved around here but he had an interesting take that I saw recently. Quick summary, as I understood/remember it, is the overall ILC market is shrinking so much faster than mirrorless is growing that the installed base of mirrorless cameras will not overtake the...
  8. L

Will Canon Stopped Develop EF Lens Line Up?

Well, maybe for you. That doesn't mean it applies for everyone. :rolleyes:
  9. L

Help decoding programmer speak please! (Reikan FoCal)

Camera FoCal AF Calibration FoCal Mode FoCal Controlled Mirror Lockup* Canon EOS-1D Mark III Supported Hands Free [?] No Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Supported Hands Free [?] No Maybe related to mirror lockup. You may need to look for a way to disable that during the tests or see if...
  10. L

Rest well Canon EOS 7D series [CR2]

Doesn't make sense to kill the 7D badge in favor of the n0D name. What happens after 90D, 100D is already taken, 91D? Doesn't make sense to kill an open ended name like 7D in favor of n0D which has nowhere to go. Might as well kill both now and move on.
  11. L

Patent: More diffractive optics super telephoto lenses

Zen master. I hope to attain your level some time. (Probably after I get a 600mm :))
  12. L

Don't get your knickers in knot. Did you read my post or just get pithy (can I say pissy?) when you read something not positive about Canon and/or RF? What I said was "RF has some really great stuff and has a really bright future but I highly doubt it will play any role in my future." The EOS...
  13. L

RF. All depends on your perspective. RF is an immature system that will take years to fill out. I'm not willing to play the waiting game. RF has some really great stuff and has a really bright future but I highly doubt it will play any role in my future. There are lots of companies out...
  14. L

Canon just bores me now, I don't expect them to do anything interesting for me ever again. Development announcements, Half baked and lower end cameras, just don't do it for me. I'm much more interested in the 3rd party vendor news.
  15. L

Anyone will buy a DSLR now?

Yes. I retooled during the Christmas season. No Rs in the new kit. I'm kind of waiting to see if there is a new 7D. If not I may get a 7D II or another 5DIV. I may consider an R if there is something at least as good as the 5DIV and a complete camera system, not pending software updates.