Recent content by MARKOE PHOTOE

1. MARKOE PHOTOE

Here’s the full list of gear Canon will announce on September 5

I can only imagine how Sony, Nikon and Fuji are crapping their shorts right now.
  2. MARKOE PHOTOE

November Super Moon

Great images all! From my perspective, I saw this....
  3. MARKOE PHOTOE

A Focus Peaking Patent from Canon

As noted above, this is only a patent and a firmware update could be 'light' years away. So true unfortunately. For those of you that need peaking now, you can attach a field monitor to your camera body via cable and clamp. The field monitor I use occasionally is the SmallHD-DP6 which...
  4. MARKOE PHOTOE

A Focus Peaking Patent from Canon

This is a must for correct focus with manual focus lenses and my older eyes. This feature alone is one of the biggest assets to using Sony A7 series that have offered focus peaking for as long as I can remember and there are even options for different colors to 'peak' with. This is very...
  5. MARKOE PHOTOE

Carry on or check camera case

Depending on the replacement cost, check out getting insurance for your gear. If you're a home owner and use your gear for non-professional purposes, it may be a lot cheaper. I insure about $55K worth of gear for $50 annually on my homeowners policy. I have a list of every item, it's serial...
  6. MARKOE PHOTOE

A Canon DSLR First Coming to EOS 5D Mark IV [CR2]

OK, and one more small thing; an integral arca-swiss lens plate built onto the bottom edge and side.
  7. MARKOE PHOTOE

A Canon DSLR First Coming to EOS 5D Mark IV [CR2]

How about a cup holder? ;D Seriously, articulating LCD screen is always on my list for waist level shooting. I do this now with a Super HD field monitor but it's another piece of gear to carry, charge and maintain.
  8. MARKOE PHOTOE

Lee Super Stopper ND Filter

Please try to keep an open mind here. I'm not bashing anyone's product. I have and use many Lee filter systems including 100mm filters and the Seven5 systems but recently have been using Breakthrough Photography ND filters which I find have much better color accuracy with little to no color...
  9. MARKOE PHOTOE

Canon Working on Full Frame Fixed Lens Camera? [CR1]

...and a decimal point ::)
  10. MARKOE PHOTOE

Manual focus with Zacuto Z-finder on a 5DSR

This is just one solution that I find helps with manual focus: CamRanger. First, its a $300 investment and allows you to connect via WiFi to either your Ipad, Ipad Mini or Adroid device. Once connected it allows you to double tap on the larger image on the LCD screen of your device to better...
  11. MARKOE PHOTOE

Tilting & Shifting

Congrats on the new lens. I'll have to admit that getting used to using T/S is a bit of challenge. It does teach you to slow down and compose and make small adjustments accordingly. Take your time. The shift feature for pano's is pretty straight forward but the tilt is a great feature to...
  12. MARKOE PHOTOE

Lenses, bodies, etc now delivered USPS?!?

I'm in a different geographic area, but I have the same trouble with office deliveries. The explanation I received from our USPS office is that the "special" deliveries are usually delivered by someone different from your usual daily route, so they aren't familiar with your office's hours or...
  13. MARKOE PHOTOE

Lenses, bodies, etc now delivered USPS?!?

I'll make mine short and to the point: in my area of the San Francisco Bay Area, USPS is totally unreliable. I've always shipped all items to my office which is open Mon-Sat. For whatever reason, USPS claims they tried to deliver my order on Sunday, when they know we are a business and never...
  14. MARKOE PHOTOE

CP filters: which is considered your favorite brand?

There are numerous filter manufacturers available such as B&W, Singh-Ray, Marumi, Hoya, Tiffen, etch... I'm looking for your favorite circular polarizer that provides the best color cast protection. Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I couldn't find the correct topic. Thank you in...
  15. MARKOE PHOTOE

Lens Rentals Canada Shuts Down Operations

Though it may sound disappointing at first, this action brings new opportunities and a new vision of the past. Wish you all the best. Enjoy this time to re-engage with photography and the passion that got you where you are now.