Recent content by Maximilian

1. Maximilian

Three new RF prime lenses coming in early 2020 [CR2]

I Think that was the reason Canon startet the RF line with the 35/1.8 (non L): as the most common standard (WA) lens - for a common price. That one surely will come by time. Question is about the priorities set by Canon market researches. You want a 35L, I want a 85 and a 50, both f/1.8 and...
  2. Maximilian

I'm glad, too, that I don't have to decide where to get in. But I'd be happy to see a roadmap that would potentually tear me into this system as it surely will be Canon's future. Right now I can stay happy with what I've got.
  3. Maximilian

Canon 5D mark IV + EF 35 mm F/1.4L II USM autofocus problems

I've read about people going to the cellar to put their tripod directly on concrete. But of course in the cellar you have to take care of light even more. I really hope it helps.
  4. Maximilian

Please compare the RF 35/1.8 to the EF 35/2.0+RF adapter. Which one is lighter and smaller? If I don't have an EF 50 mm lens yet should I buy that "plastic fantastic" 50 STM or that absolutely outdated 50/1.4 with touchy AF to combine it with the adapter? Or could Canon offer me a native RF...
  5. Maximilian

Canon 5D mark IV + EF 35 mm F/1.4L II USM autofocus problems

Hi grinbo! I don't use Reikan Focal myself but from all I've read about the test procedures is that you really need three things for good (and reproducible) results: A really solid ground (no parquet, carpet etc.) A really solid tripod A lot of bright and constant bright light (indoors eg. 2...
  6. Maximilian

Honestly... looking at the Nikkor Z lens lineup available this would directly drive me into Canon RF. I wouldn't have any need of any of those Z except fot the 35. And here I have the better option with the RF, IMO. When I want a f/4 zoom lens, then please give me the RF 24-105. But I want small...
  7. Maximilian

If somebody really has a big advantage of the functions of that control ring, then I cannot imagine big use of that adapter control ring together with a big tele lens as it would totally destabilize holding my kit. When I saw this adapter, my initial thought was "nice but useless".
  8. Maximilian

Sony is Doomed!

Esp. as Canon and Nikon are just beginning to built up their FF ML portfolio. To me the EOS RP was a strong move from Canon offering FF ML to a lot of people that cannot afford or justify the (much) more expensive or outdated options. Now only the affordable RF lenses are missing... and the...
  9. Maximilian

Sure. And if I was going to buy an EOS R or RP body that 24-105 would come with it. But I also want to see a 50 or 85 f/1.8 as the f/1.2 models are too big and too expensive for what I want to do - travel light.
  10. Maximilian

To me the RF lens lineup is too much L and too much upmarket. The lenses are all great, lovely and desireable - if you've got the money. But when Canon wants to gain market share they should also introduce more lenses like the RF 35 or even smaller and less expensive - now and not in 2, 3 years.
  11. Maximilian

The FINAL DEATH of DSLR cameras with moving mirrors!

Dear HarryFilm, please take your mirrorless camera - or what else you have at hand - , go out - or into a studio - and use your energy and creativity to produce outstanding pictures and share them here with us. On topic: time will tell, if and how the market is changing. Personally I don't...
  12. Maximilian

Patent: Canon RF 17-35mm f/4-5.6

Hi Frank! What's the point quoting me here? I didn't say Canon needs to or has to, I didn't say that this patent is an indication. I said it the other way around: I was talking about the possible end of APS-C DSLRs (and EF-S lenses) - not about EOS-M. So what's the point quoting me here?
  13. Maximilian

Interesting what's happened since I got an RP.....

Thanks for the reply. Looks promissing...
  14. Maximilian

Patent: Canon RF 17-35mm f/4-5.6

Me, too. If I was Canon going into R APS-C I'd make a real APS-C kit lens. That'll be smaller than this patent as you wouldn't need that image circle. I've just posted a thread about Canon Germany's summer cashback. When you take a look at the last 3 or 4 cashback promotions here in Ger they...
  15. Maximilian

Canon Germany Summer Promotion - May 15th until August 31st 2019

Here comes the 2019 summer promotion: Up to 300,- € Cashback on selected FF bodies and L lenses For details see here: https://www.canon.de/summer/ Bodies: 5DIV, 6DII, EOS R Lenses: several EF L zooms and the 85L prime Speedlite: 470EX-AI PowerShot: ./. other: ./. So Canon continues to focus...