Recent content by meywd

1. meywd

Review: Canon EOS R by Peter McKinnon

A review is the opinion of the user of a product after he had used it, if you mean its not a review because the user is not a "technical reviewer" or doesn't use other brands than the one reviewed, then that's because you are used to the reviews done by "Reviewing Sites", when you buy any...
  2. meywd

POLL? How many are preordering the EOS R?

Please don't misunderstand, I am not saying the whole technical aspect is used in place of skill, I am saying seeking the bleeding edge of technology and the latest features is, and like anyone else I am guilty of it, it's not a bad thing if you seek it, but its not a good thing to depend on it...
  3. meywd

I believe the search for more DR or any other technical aspect of cameras is based on the need to overcome the skill gap without actually acquiring the skill, for example; higher FPS with fast shutter help shaky hands without learning the best way to stabilize the camera while shooting handheld...
  4. meywd

Thats your choice, you have cheaper options, if its about price , and they say the camera is only 5% of the photo
  5. meywd

Really? why go FF? you have the rebel line if you want affordable, you have the M camera and lenses, if you want to buy Pro gear then you are not looking for affordable? you speak of home appliances, do you know how much a pro grade mixer is worth from a good brand? a pro stove? LG sells waching...
  6. meywd

Canon RF 50mm f/1.2 Review - KenRockwell

I agree with that, the same happened with the Sigma 85mm f1.4, it's very sharp, but the 85mm f/1.2L II has the better photos, at least for me
  7. meywd

I usually focus on the stars or faraway lights using live view and 10x zoom, maybe the R can focus better in dark with the -6 EV and the EVF, the nifty fifty is good for astro as well, but you need a tracker, and there isn't one in my country and its hard to ship it with high costs and customs.
  8. meywd

he adds the below photo as a bokeh test, it's not bad, but I like portrait photos more for bokeh, I saw the dpreview photos, but I dunno why I feel something is missing.
  9. meywd

Don't know if this has been posted already, but it seems Ken Rockwell has added his review? of the RF 50mm F1.2L
  10. meywd

No budget to get the R, and not that interested about the camera itself, I would love a 1D X II, but the 50 f1.2 interests me, I love bokeh and I want to know how different is that lens from the current 50f1.2, is it sharper, better at focusing, has smoother bokeh, since its bigger it seems...
  11. meywd

What lenses are coming next for the Canon RF mount?

a cheap 85, an update to the wide tilt-shift lenses, a better 14mm with good coma...
  12. meywd

What lenses are coming next for the Canon RF mount?

I think the priority is in lenses not existing in the current EF lineup, or need an update, a 12-24 2.8 makes sense, as well a cheaper 50, but the trio zooms are still fresh with the latest updates
  13. meywd

Opinion: Canon is causing its own problems with the RF mount

There is a chance that both M and RF are special lenses mounts, while EF will stay as the general purpose mount, we will have 3 lineups: M: small and compact, good for amateurs, travel, low weight constraints R: Super lenses with mirrorless benefits, medium size, good for prosumers, backup to...