Recent content by Michael Clark

1. Michael Clark

Canon EOS R5 Specifications

2. Michael Clark

Haven't you been paying attention lately? The latest cameras with .CR3 raw files do not have M-RAW or S-RAW. They do have C-RAW (compressed raw).
  3. Michael Clark

Well, it didn't mention any kind of rear LCD screen, either, so I guess it won't have one of those? Right?
  4. Michael Clark

Yeah, and the 5D Mark V will be introduced at the same time (ala 90D/M6 Mark II) with the same sensor and most of the same video specs.
  5. Michael Clark

It’s been a while, but an APS-C equipped EOS R body gets another mention [CR2]

I'd guess more like $749-$899 after debuting at $999-$1099. In the sub $1000 price range Canon has tended to have models spaced about every $150-200. And the RP debuted at $1,299, not $999.
  6. Michael Clark

There's a significant difference between "less than the RP" at an introductory price of $1,299 (body only) and "$500 (or even a kit)." Just look at recent past history: EOS 77D introductory price: $899 (2017-02) EOS Rebel T7i/800D introductory price: $749 (2017-02) Only $150 between the top...
  7. Michael Clark

Even the 80D kicks the original 7D's can all over the field. Easy. The 7D Mark II is what the 7D should have been, but was not.
  8. Michael Clark

Will dSLR's be sustained only by nostalgia?

I'll repeat the question again. How many years did you shoot film before transitioning to digital?
  9. Michael Clark

Canon EOS RS Specifications? [CR1]

I get what you're saying. I can't justify spending $5K+ on a lens (or what it costs to rent such a lens) based on what the jobs I shoot pay. But look at it from Canon's point of view: They'd need to sell thousands and thousands of 7D Mark III bodies to make enough profit to replace the lost...
  10. Michael Clark

Why do so many people call the 1D X the 1Dx? "Dx' is a Nikon term for crop sensor.
  11. Michael Clark

This ain't that camera. It's coming.
  12. Michael Clark

The 14/20 fps would be the difference between mechanical shutter and electronic shutter, not between viewfinder and Live View.
  13. Michael Clark

A $20 Ghillie suit will sometimes get you a lot closer than a 2000mm lens will.
  14. Michael Clark

This is NOT the rumored Rs (5Ds R equivalent)! It's either an RS (Sony α7S competitor) or and R5 (5D Mark IV equivalent). The 70-80 MP RF camera is coming, probably in May.