Recent content by mpb001

1. M

Canon EOS RS Specifications? [CR1]

I highly doubt that this rumored model will be a replacement for the 5sr. It is 5-10 MP less than the 50 MP that model has and it has been many years since the 5sr was released. I think that if it has 40mp it might be a R Mk II. That would be 10mp more and would really advance that model. I...
  2. M

Canon EOS RS Specifications? [CR1]

Of almost all of these rumored specs, I find the IBIS most likely.
  3. M

Major Canon announcements in February and May of this year [CR2]

There was a migration from Canon to Sony for those who thought Sony was the best. While their sensors are excellent, I never liked the feel of their camera bodies I am a stayer as far as Canon goes for many reasons and probably why many pros stay with them. Now, in 2020, many of the Sony...
  4. M

Two new EOS R bodies coming in the first half of 2020 [CR3]

Its having options at our disposal that we never had before. I guess whats nice about lens IS is that it can be turned off
  5. M

Two new EOS R bodies coming in the first half of 2020 [CR3]

I think that if Canon can engineer a way to implement IBIS with lens IS to up stabilization to say 7 stops, and say 6 stops with non IS lenses it will be worth it to have it. True, IBIS isn’t really needed with IS lenses but I think that if they can add that extra stop or so my both IBIS and...
  6. M

Potential Canon EOS R Mark II specifications [CR1]

If most of this is correct, this all looks very good to me. Especially, IBIS and a new sensor. The improved EVF doesn’t hurt either.
  7. M

EOS R related announcements coming for CP+ [CR2]

Hopefully, one of the things that will differentiate the RII body from a 5DV besides being mirrorless is that the RII will ger IBIS?
  8. M

Consumer RF mount zoom lenses coming in the first half of 2020 [CR2]

I can see the need for consumer grade RF lenses, but It would be great if Canon added some f4 “L” series lenses to the mix. They have the 24-105 RF. How about something like a 12-24 f4 L? Plus the standard 70-200 f4 L or a 70-300 f4?
  9. M

Canon EOS R Mark II in testing [CR2]

For me, this camera sounds like it would be my upgrade from my 5DIV, with a new sensor and hopefully, IBIS.
  10. M

Rumoured Canon EOS Rs Specifications [CR1]

I use a 5DIV and while I am very happy with it, I would like my next Canon camera to have IBIS and a new generation sensor, up from the one in the 5DIV. I would be happy with one between say 32-40 MP. I guess I am sort of speculating over a 2nd gen R body. An R Mark II, I guess. I use the f4...
  11. M

I think that the consumer will win here if they need to wait a very long time for IBIS from Canon because they can simply switch brands, so it would be very wise for Canon to listen to what it’s customers, including me would like to see in their cameras, and very soon...
  12. M

I think if Canon does not include IBIS in this model that it will put Canon is a bad spot, since Nikon and Sony have implemented it in their models. It would likely set Canon back another year in terms of this technology, which is becoming a standard feature across camera brands.
  13. M

It sounds like a great camera, however, I am not necessarily interested in the high MP. I am more interested in seeing the appearance of IBIS though, because it will set the stage for future models to have it.
  14. M

Is there still hope that we see in-body stabilization in the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III?

Canon knows that it will need to have IBIS in most of its ILC to stay competitive with the orher manufacturers. IBIS will most likely be in the high MP R in 2020 and all subsequent models like an RII. My guess is IBID will be left out of an RP II to keep costs down. I hope not, but I thing it...
  15. M

Two new EOS M cameras rumoured to be coming in 2020 [CR1]

The whole idea of M is small bodies. Small bodies should have small lenses. If I am going to use L glass its going to be on FF to get the best results. Thats just me.