Recent content by Mr Majestyk

1. M

Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

I would never pre-order any camera sight unseen and I'd take the M5 II over the M6 II anyday. But Canon really has to deliver this time, so until we see DR, full video specs, EVF resolution and refresh, lag, etc there is no chance. Also I'm not really wanting to go down the EF-M route, I wish we...
  2. M

Canon EOS M6 Mark II full specifications

I once read that the problem Canon had with moving to new connection types, was that Digic is (was?) fabbed by Texas Instruments and that it was their tech that was was the problem. I'm not sure if they still do the digic, but it seems digic is way behind the times in the last 4-5 years. They no...
  3. M

Canon EOS 90D promotional video appears to have leaked

Well 1D had a CCD sensor (by Panasonic) so sensor could be cleared faster than CMOS. Is the 90D's 1/16000 e-shutter or mechanical or both?
  4. M

Canon sensors outside the 1DXII have far too slow a sensor read speed to handle 4K 60p and that still requires large crop. Even 4K @30p requires huge crop to read the data fast enough. Given heat issues and pricepoint of 90D/M6II expecting 4K 60p is too much, not even Sony A9 can offer that.
  5. M

So far this would be a D7500 killer if performance matches specs. I would like to see how it could stack up against my D500 for BIF, as that camera is noticeably better than any of my Canon's overall including 1DX. If it can do AF with all points @ f/8 and could match my 5D4 I might get one. But...
  6. M

Think of it this way. 4K @ 30fps requires same read speed as 1080p @ 120fps, if they can't do the latter without heavy crop they can't do the former either. Given the price of this camera I doubt we can expect 4K to be taken from either full sensor readout with binning or even 6K crop with...
  7. M

An APS-C sensor equipped EOS R camera mentioned again [CR1]

Easy, cost. Not every one can spend $3K+ on a 50MP+ FF camera. It's why we have APS-C.
  8. M

Further confirmation that the RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS & RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS are coming in September

Hopefully 15-35 is good for astro, even more hopefully we'll see all new sensors and pro RF mount cameras soon.
  9. M

Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

If the specs of M5/M6 II, 90D and EOS Rs (say) are correct (at least Rs's sensor) maybe Canon has finally awoken form it's 12 year self-induced coma. It's not a moment too late as they need urgent action to chnage public perception. These are encouraging signs but of course nothing is released...
  10. M

Three of the four new RF lenses are still scheduled for release in 2019

I can't wait for a real RF mount camera first.
  11. M

Rumored Canon EOS M6 Mark II specifications [CR1]

If this is true colour me shocked (in a good way). This would fianlly mean Canon would definitely be showing signs of waking from its self-induced coma. Those specs are quite impressive. Is that a Canon sensor and is it stacked. 16fps with AE/AF is getting beyond mechanical shutter especially at...
  12. M

The Canon EOS M5 Mark II and Canon EOS M6 Mark II are on the way [CR1]

Surely that would just be the APS-C version of EOS RP, with RF mount not M mount.
  13. M

That's exactly how I see it. Now it may not have been much work given the EF-M is what 18mm flange distance anyway, to adapt the FE versions, but still I doubt they waste their time if they sawEF-M as an evolutionary dead end. Still curious how Canon will move forward with APS-C EOS R though.
  14. M

The fact Sigma will release lenses in M mount gives you confidence it's not going anywhere soon.
  15. M

IBIS is coming to select next generation Canon DSLRs [CR2]

I think Nikon is rumored to put IBIS in the D6, so could be possible for 1DXIII. Anyway what's your basis of saying it's fragile?