Recent content by NorskHest

1. NorskHest

Blackmagic Design announces new Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K with EF mount

Fantastic. I cannot wait to use one of these. Panasonic, Sony and black magic do such a wonderful job of listening to their base. The codecs and apex list of this thing is something I hope canon is paying attention to
  2. NorskHest

A bit more about the upcoming Canon Cinema EOS C500 Mark II

The likelihood of many of these selling will be on frame rates, was I disappointed with lack of time code and frame rates when the c200 came out? Yes but I found work arounds and I love that camera. Will people like myself get rid of their c200’s and 300’s to get this? Maybe, sure a 5.9k sensor...
  3. NorskHest

A bit more about the upcoming Canon Cinema EOS C500 Mark II

But will it do 4k120? That’s the question I want to know and what will the frequency be of the sensor ? I love the canon company and brand but they have to get it together with frame rates and shutter angles, the lack of choices make us go elsewhere.
  4. NorskHest

Rumored Canon Cinema EOS C500 Mark II specifications [CR1]

It is an incredible camera. It will take a lot for me as well as others to update. Many people made comments on how the mkii wasn’t a big update but it really is. congrats on getting one.
  5. NorskHest

I know it’s fast and that pcie is amazing but I’m just saying that many of us with 1dxmkiis and c300s and c200s would like to not purchase new cards. But then again I guess we don’t need to purchase new gear cause honestly the cameras I named are pretty amazing. But it would be pretty forward...
  6. NorskHest

I hope they don’t switch, I and many other professionals have way to much invested in c fast and it’s not slow at all. They are faster at reading and writing then reds media and really reliable.
  7. NorskHest

This is early on specs but if these are correct this doesn’t give much incentive to purchase. Minus gen lock there isn’t much more here compared to the c200
  8. NorskHest

Review: Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS III USM

The weight of the 600 sucks but the results make it worth it. When paired with the 2x extender you will love it even more. When I have to do longer hikes I leave my 1D and bring my 5d4 as to lighten the load. If you have questions or want sample images feel free to reach out.
  9. NorskHest

Review: Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS III USM

I have a 100-400 vii and 600vii and I find them to be an incredible combo. I looked at getting the 200-400 and the 400 as well but after using the 1-4 I knew the 2-4 was not the purchase to be made. The 600 is my favorite lens and it will be yours too. Don’t buy the other two.
  10. NorskHest

Canon officially announces the RF 85mm f/1.2L USM

I did a double take on that price. No thank you. This will probably be clinical like all the other RF lenses
  11. NorskHest

So what has become of the rumored EOS R and C200 video feature updates?

Sooooo this must not be happening
  12. NorskHest

The future of the Canon EOS-1D X series [CR1]

In the business sense I totally agree with you actually I agree with pretty much everything you said, But for the hobbyist it will have to be significant or maybe it won’t, most people on this page would probably buy one just to say they did and make a YouTube video about it. For those who don’t...
  13. NorskHest

The future of the Canon EOS-1D X series [CR1]

A new 1dxmkii still goes for 5500 a new one, the mkiii will not see a price reduction till probably its third year of its cycle. Once you have gone to the 1D series it’s hard to come back from. The mkiii will have to be pretty good to get people to upgrade from the mkii.
  14. NorskHest

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III field testing has begun [CR2]

Look at allllllll that nicely balanced glass with full integrated grip bodies capturing images ranging from 10-14 frames per second. And not to mention soooooooo much f4-5.6 and more going on, the 1d series may not be a Sony with with better noise sensitivity but the 1d series has such smooth...