Recent content by NorskHest

1. NorskHest

Canon officially announces the RF 85mm f/1.2L USM

I did a double take on that price. No thank you. This will probably be clinical like all the other RF lenses
  2. NorskHest

So what has become of the rumored EOS R and C200 video feature updates?

Sooooo this must not be happening
  3. NorskHest

The future of the Canon EOS-1D X series [CR1]

In the business sense I totally agree with you actually I agree with pretty much everything you said, But for the hobbyist it will have to be significant or maybe it won’t, most people on this page would probably buy one just to say they did and make a YouTube video about it. For those who don’t...
  4. NorskHest

The future of the Canon EOS-1D X series [CR1]

A new 1dxmkii still goes for 5500 a new one, the mkiii will not see a price reduction till probably its third year of its cycle. Once you have gone to the 1D series it’s hard to come back from. The mkiii will have to be pretty good to get people to upgrade from the mkii.
  5. NorskHest

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III field testing has begun [CR2]

Look at allllllll that nicely balanced glass with full integrated grip bodies capturing images ranging from 10-14 frames per second. And not to mention soooooooo much f4-5.6 and more going on, the 1d series may not be a Sony with with better noise sensitivity but the 1d series has such smooth...
  6. NorskHest

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III field testing has begun [CR2]

It is comical that people in here think we who shoot professionally just go out and buy new shit at the drop of a hat or announcement. I shoot professional motocross and road racing, I work with people and magazines that supply and use 1dmkiv’s, 1dx mki’s, 300mm version ones and all sorts of old...
  7. NorskHest

The predicted first half of 2019 Canon product announcement roadmap

You can only send it in to get it declicked.
  8. NorskHest

Canon EOS C300 Mark III coming in late 2019, with possible 8K option [CR1]

I’m not saying canon won’t do this but I’ll believe it when I see it, I can’t imagine them giving this thing a better sensor in terms of pixel count than the c700. The cost will be stupid I imagine
  9. NorskHest

New diffractive optics super telephoto lenses on the way, with a new twist….. [CR1]

I own a 600 f4 v2 and a 300 2.8v2, the new offerings give me nothing that I don’t already have, if a 600do comes out those of us with version 2’s and 3’s of the telephotos will not be rushing out to get rid of or replace our gear. Sure a couple pounds lighter might be nice, but put yourself on a...
  10. NorskHest

Interview: Canon engineers talk Canon EOS R development

That is my 1dc and you should have one
  11. NorskHest

I'm saying that the new mount with the polarizers will work on all lenses but some of us were hoping that the drop in filter would drop in to the slot on the tele lenses and they wont work for that.
  12. NorskHest

Because its canon, why make it so simple!?!? Menus are a little different aswell, if you shoot on a D series like the 1D or 5D having this camera as a back up or switching between the two systems will take some getting use to.
  13. NorskHest

Just got done playing with this, it felt great in your hands, the 24-105 felt cheap but was nice, the adapter was solid, the variable nd and polarizers will not work in telephotos, I was told Canon will be making a more video centered r body but no other details. The wheel on the lenses is...
  14. NorskHest

No one is going to use 100% of a sensor for focusing, this sounds like a gimmick and that's probably because it is, sure more may be better but if you are trying to focus on the edge of what you are trying to capture is the image really worth capturing or is the image worth seeing? I'm all for...