Recent content by okaro

1. O

Patent: Canon RF 50-80mm f/1.1, because crazy is good

It is typical to patent similar ideas to prevent others from using it.
  2. O

Service Notice: EOS M50 EF-M 15-45mm IS STM Kit may contain an incorrect battery charger (LC-E17)

I haven't even checked what charger I got. Maybe I should check.
  3. O

Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III specifications

Tilt screns are much faster to change like if you want to shoot from low angle.
  4. O

The Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II is finally on the way

No way, G9 X is the smallest zoom camera with one inch sensor. It is a third lighter than G7 X and therefore much easier to carry.
  5. O

The Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II is finally on the way

There is demand for quality compacts. After G7 X mark II and G9 X mark II were released the sale of compact cameras rose first time since 2010. Last year when Canon had really nothing new besides the expensive G1 Mark III sale again dropped.
  6. O

Is this the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III?

There is a huge difference. Following is the same image with G9 X II, SX280 HS (a small sensor compact) and my Honor 8: Now there are better smart phones but that is pretty typical IMO.
  7. O

Canon PowerShot SX70 HS Images and Specifications

This is quite a conservative update but I can see a point. It makes no sense to start competing with Nikon on the maximum zoom. If you put some 1500 mm those wanting the maximum would still buy Nikon. It is better to make a balanced package. This is slightly lighter than the SX60 HS at 610 g...
  8. O

Canon PowerShot SX70 HS Images and Specifications

SX60 HS already has 21 mm.
  9. O

Industry News: Here are the first press images of the Nikon Z6 & Z7 full frame mirrorless cameras

Well you couldn't have a speedbooster with full frame anyway and it would ruin the focal lengths.
  10. O

Specifications and an Image of the PowerShot SX740 HS

If they cannot do full width 4K they should return to 12 megapixel sensors. The effect on still quality would be minimal but one could get 96% of the width in 4K.
  11. O

Specifications and an Image of the PowerShot SX740 HS

G9 X II is about same size as S100 so unless the case is really model specific it could fit. Size comparison: http://j.mp/2v27Ka9
  12. O

Patent: LCD for Image Review While Using An EVF

Just how can one get a patent for this? Sounds a very trivial thing.
  13. O

Updated: Registered Unreleased Canon Gear

The dimensions of the compact camera match exactly to SX730 HS.
  14. O

Is the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II Discontinued?

It is not useless information, it allows quickly to see the sensor size of the camera. For one inch sensors the zoom starts at 8.8 mm or 10.2 mm. That is the real focal length. at he 35 mm equivalences are not real and should not ben printed on the camera. Especially with real aperture values...
  15. O

Canon EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM Confirmed

I think at some time perspective the EF-M will dominate over EF-S but it will take more than five years probably ten. The S in EF-S means short back focus. It helps making wide angle lenses. Can for example had an affordable wide angle zoom five years before Nikon and the Nikon version fits...