Recent content by PCM-madison

1. PCM-madison

RF 24-240mm: No full frame cover at 24mm

I'm very curious how and if this issue shows up in future reviews by Brian at TDP and Roger at lensrentals whose reviews I most respect. For me, an issue that only shows up using non-compatible RAW conversion is a non-issue for my workflow.
  2. PCM-madison

My RAW images have mild vignetting. I have never heard of Mr. Frost. Maybe it was poor technique like shooting wide angle with a filter installed that could block part of the image circle.
  3. PCM-madison

Distortion at 24mm, yes. Not covering full frame, false. EOS RP with 24-240mm at 24mm F4. RAW image processed in Adobe RAW with no lens correction.
  4. PCM-madison

First impressions of the RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM

Hi Alan, I was not particularly close to the birds for a 240mm lens and full frame camera so no great photos were taken. I was just testing the ability to pick up and track birds in flight. Here is a series of the same gull being tracked quite nicely over several seconds by the camera/lens combo.
  5. PCM-madison

I will get back to you on the F6.3 focal length tomorrow. I have an M5 but not the EF-M 18-150 so I can't address your question about the relative IQ. However, for me the RP is a much more satisfying and useful camera than the M5. I own an original EOS M which I found lacking as an all around...
  6. PCM-madison

Both photos were taken at F8, 1/500 sec, ISO 1000. They were RAW images processed in Adobe software. Final composite was downsized. I don't know the upload rules for this site, but I take it that there is both a file size and pixel dimension limit based on not being able to upload full sized RP...
  7. PCM-madison

Here is a shot of the RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM mounted on my EOS RP shown next to my 5Ds R with EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM mounted for size comparison.
  8. PCM-madison

Autofocus speed at 240mm was very fast and accurate in both one shot and servo, tested outside in the final hour before sunset. I did not test side-by-side with adapted EF telephoto lenses, but previous experience with such lenses suggests the RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM was significantly faster...
  9. PCM-madison

Mirrorless viewfinders and wildlife photography

I agree with your points about the R/RP for wildlife. I have the RP not R. I also have a 5Ds R, 7D mii, and SL1. All of the DSLRs are better for wildlife with my telephoto EF lenses. I have some hope that native RF telephoto lenses will help greatly. I just got my RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM...
  10. PCM-madison

My preordered RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM arrived today. It did not work at all on my EOS RP until I updated the camera firmware. Once updated, it worked nicely. I find the size, weight, and balance to be a good fit for the EOS RP. Zoom action is smooth and requires similar effort throughout the...
  11. PCM-madison

Canon USA introduces new instant rebates on select RF lenses

My preordered RF 24-240mm shipped on Friday and arrives tomorrow.
  12. PCM-madison

Canon officially announces the RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS STM

My preorder has been updated to a September 3 delivery.
  13. PCM-madison

Cats!

Minnie
  14. PCM-madison

All kinds of Adobe questions - Photoshop / Light Room Classic , file structures, importing and best practices.....

The following only applies to my personal opinions and workflow. I'm sure many do it differently. I do always shoot in M and RAW. I do photography as a hobby so I do not have to process 100's or 1000's of images every day. I do sometimes return from a vacation with ~2000 new photos to work with...
  15. PCM-madison

An RF super telephoto zoom on the way, likely in late 2020 [CR1]

I have the RF 24-105 F4 L IS and EF 24-105 F4 L IS v1 and they are almost exactly the same size.