Recent content by peters

1. P

The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III is coming in 2020

Oh, I thought it was free of the blackout in the viewfinder. I think I will take a look at it when the next wedding season starts - the incredible loud shutter and the big weight of the 1D is a big downer for me on weddings. The 5D is much better in this regard. The A7R could replace both of...
  2. P

INCREDIBLE shot! Congratulations :) What adapter are you using and how is its performance? :) I am very interested in the Sony A7R IV but my canon lense collection makes the decision difficult...
  3. P

I use one for some commercial videography and wedding photography. I would totaly welcome it, if the form factor would change to the 5D (with a little bit bigger viewfinder, which is excellent on the 1D). The battery is not as great as people say and not much better than on the 5D, so this isnt...
  4. P

My guess: its going to be roughly 24 megapixel. Thats why they can offer 6k -> they always make a 1:1 pixel readout on the 1D and 5D for the 4k image. Thats why its cropped 1,3 and 1,8. If they give it 24megapixel they can get a fullframe 1:1 pixel readout :)
  5. P

An RF mount L macro lens will be announced alongside the high-megapixel EOS R camera

Oh thats a very interesting lineup. I guess you are working in some kind of architecture topic?
  6. P

An RF mount L macro lens will be announced alongside the high-megapixel EOS R camera

I thought 1x and above is considered "macro"?
  7. P

Hm, i have the 100mm 2,8L - I use it mostly for some portraits and occasionaly Macros for product shots. I must say that I actualy enjoy the lense. Is there something particular wrong with it, that I miss? However, of course its very important for canon to include a good macro lense in the R...
  8. P

More about the upcoming high-megapixel EOS R system camera [CR2]

"A “new style” of joystick " PLEASE dont be a touch joystick like the ridiculous touch bar on the R :-D
  9. P

Patent: 83mp full-frame image sensor from Canon

Nice read, thank you :)
  10. P

I think so too. I use the 1dx II as a second camera for weddings (though its shutter is pretty loud) and I would like to a have the resolution of my 5D IV. I personaly dont agree with the "lowlight over resolution for sports cameras" vibe. The Lowlight performance of the 5D is good and the 1D...
  11. P

I personaly think its a nice upgrade. I do some weddings where I would love to have more options to crop. I also do landscapes where I like higher resolutions for big prints. Also our product shots could greatly benefit from a higher resolution where retouching and cutouts are way more exact :)
  12. P

Canon to announce EOS-1D X equivalent EOS R system camera in 2021?

That would be incredible long.... though not entirely unlikely...
  13. P

An APS-C sensor equipped EOS R camera mentioned again [CR1]

Hm, sounds somehow not logical, if they dont bring RF-S lenses... But for wildlife this may still be an interesting camera.
  14. P

An RF super telephoto zoom on the way, likely in late 2020 [CR1]

Late 2020... why not... 2050? :-D