Recent content by Philrp

1. P

An APS-C sensor equipped EOS R camera mentioned again [CR1]

All this aside, the 7D II is now going to be 5 years old, the same age the original 7D was when it was replaced. if Canon feels the 7D fills a hole in their market, then it's time they provide a real replacement for it. Waiting until next year would make that replacement cycle truly very long.
  2. P

My hope is that the August announcements will be 3 APS-C cameras - 90D or whatever they call it, the 80d 7d merge - EOS M6 or M5 - EOS R camera with APS-C These all can be the same camera in difference boxes with a marketing angle for each. From there, Canon can judge which way consumers are...
  3. P

The reasons I want An APS-C sensor equipped EOS R camera and why I've owned 7D's 1- Save money on the sensor, plus i like the crop factor for what I shoot. 2- I want a capable feature rich body. 7D was a crop 1DX IMHO, or close enough. 3- I do not want to buy inferior M lenses. I have L's on my...
  4. P

Rumored Canon EOS M6 Mark II specifications [CR1]

I've read it in a few places that the 7D, and to a lesser degree the 80D, lead to sales of higher end glass. Here is one source that makes that inferences: https://www.canonrumors.com/rest-well-canon-eos-7d-series-cr2/ Best
  5. P

The Prosumer APS-C market has been very good to Canon. Most of the 80D and 7D type buyers spend a lot in quality lenses, and I'm looking forward to Canon's mirrorless offering in that segment. Hence my desire for an APS-C RF mount camera, which ever form it takes: high end M or low end R
  6. P

IMHO, the real answer to this is to simply make a a camera with an RF mount and an APS-C sensor. Skip the M lenses.
  7. P

What I want is an APS-C mirrorless camera with great specs... can't say i love the M mount, but i'll get one with an EF adaptor for sure!!!
  8. P

Canon EOS 90D Specification List [CR1]

Size, reach and cost. I shoot a lot of live events and the reach aspect of things gives me more flexibility than the slight extra noise costs me. In good light, APS-C is very close to FF and in bad light, post processing and the small file size required for most digital uses negates the need...
  9. P

Canon EOS 90D Specification List [CR1]

I want a Mirrorless APS-C camera with either an EF or RF mount. I've invested too much in lenses to want an EF-M. IMHO, this is where the market is at. I hope Canon is doing their homework.
  10. P

Here’s a list of rumoured and predicted cameras coming from Canon in the next year

EOS M rumor? I'm still hoping for an M version of the 90D with an R mount ;O)
  11. P

Canon officially announces the RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS STM

Aperture I'm just curious to know how the variable aperture steps up over the range. If it sticks to 4 or 4.5 to or just past 105, this could be a great value.
  12. P

No crop on 4K coming in next APS-C DSLR [CR1]

I'm expecting the same tech in the 90D, the M5II and a crop sensor RF mount camera
  13. P

Canon’s roadmap for 2019, included an EOS R camera that no one is expecting? [CR2]

I'm thinking Canon is going to do 2 APS-C mirrorless bodies, one with M mount and the other with R mount and see which sells best. I'd really love an EOS M5 Mark II with R mount to replace my 7DII
  14. P

Is the EOS 7D Mark II the last in the 7D series? We’re told that it is [CR1]

I am possibly crazy to think this, but i'm expecting the following quote to mean that the M5 mark II could be the 7D replacement. If a higher end EOS M sells well there could be a crop R in the future... "The second camera we’re told that is coming for sure in 2019 is a replacement to the...
  15. P

Here’s a vague Canon roadmap for 2019 [CR1]

I'll take a shot at this too, based solely on the premise that Canon likes sales. 1- A new 7d/80d mashup is in the works. Those sell really well and likely have higher margins than Rebels 2- Canon has a ton of speciality sensor tech that they are sitting on, and a hight resolution EOS R would...