Recent content by pknight

1. P

Canon officially announces the EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

I think that those of you suggesting that 7DII users want a 7DIII at the $1200 price point are simply wrong. I would pay substantially more than $1200 for a real 7DIII, with two card slots, improved FPS, dual processors, 65+ AF points, etc. The 90D is going to have to have amazing IQ and AF...
  2. P

Here are some images and pricing for the Canon EOS 90D

This. And only this.
  3. P

Adobe updates Lightroom Classic, adds a new texture slider and new Canon camera & lens support

This warning only applies to the subscription CC version. The perpetual Creative Suite and other stand-alone licenses are, as Victoria says, are not affected. You can use PS 6 until you die!
  4. P

Skylum Software announces Luminar 3 with Libraries, coming December 18, preorder now

With 90,000 images in my LR library, a new DAM system is going to have to do my laundry and make me breakfast in bed before I seriously consider the task of moving to something else. This certainly isn't it. I can access Luminar from within LR and PS if I decide the tools are better.
  5. P

Market Map of the Digital Photography Industry

It's there now. Did someone add it?
  6. P

Market Map of the Digital Photography Industry

What a joke. A list of Raw processors without Adobe Camera Raw? As a road map, this is more like a malfunctioning GPS.
  7. P

Tamron Announces the 100-400mm f/4.5-6.3 Di VC USD, Available November 16

Re: Tamron Announces the 100-400mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD, Available November 16 IIRC, a tripod mount is not even an option with the Sigma 100-400. Better to have it as an option than for it not even being a possibility.
  8. P

Tamron Announces the Development of the 100-400mm F/4.5-6.3 Di VC USD

Just like Sigma did with the 150-600!
  9. P

Review: Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di II VC HLD by TDP

I'm not sure what review you read. In comparing the Tamron to the EF-S 10-18, the conclusion was that the Canon had a narrower aperture, more vignetting, and was less well-built. In comparison with the EF-S 10-22, the Canon was found to have "modestly" better IQ at wide apertures and less...
  10. P

Deal: Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 $1099 (Reg $1399)

The photo here is the 70-200 G2. ;) The last time they did this the $1099 price included the Tap-in console, but this is still a good deal for a copy with the 6-year warranty.
  11. P

Canon Working on New Lens Technology

"A new type of photo." Hmm. I can see a lens making it possible to take better photos, or photos with less of this or that artifact, but a new type of photo? With the same sensors that we are using with our current lenses? My hyperbole alarm is going off.
  12. P

Tamron Announces the 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II VC HLD

Coma is what I am interested in also. I have the aging EF-S 10-22, and while I generally like it, the coma distortion is very troublesome. I look forward to your review.
  13. P

UPDATED: More Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 VC G2 & 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 VC Information

Re: More Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 VC G2 & 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 VC Information I will be very interested in how this lens (10-24) performs. I have the EF-S 10-22, and while it is nice with landscapes, it has terrible coma distortion when taking night sky pics.
  14. P

New Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens Coming Soon

I have the Tamron 70-200, and purchased it on the strength of very positive reviews and a very low price compared to the Canon. This is an excellent lens. I cannot say that it is as good, better, or worse than the Canon, but as a hobbyist with finite funds, it performs beyond expectations...
  15. P

Stock Notice: Sigma 500mm f/4 DG OS HSM Sport at B&H Photo

Re: Stock Notice: Sigma 500mm f/4 DG OS HSM Sport at B&H Photo Except that the B&H site says that they are not yet in stock.