Recent content by Pooshoes

1. P

EOS Bonus

I second the RF 35mm IS, shoots well above its pay grade.
  2. P

Replacement: Eos R or 5D Mark IV again?

Short and sweet: I swapped my 5D IV for an EOS R and couldn't be happier. You might like the slightly faster firing rate of the 5DIV better, but maybe a 7DII or used 1dxII would be better for birding all round. IQ between both 5DIV and EOS R is the same. Focusing is better for me on the Eos...
  3. P

Patent: Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM

The III is just a soft refresh of the II version which came out a long time ago, the RF sounds like a brand new design. Lighter, shorter, and presumably sharper and faster focusing. Can't wait to see what comes out of Japan this year!
  4. P

The best of 2018 in gear as selected by our readers

Specs are one thing, the 28-70mm is beautiful and the top in that department. If you're aiming for a comfortable lens that you would take anywhere, all that glass is a burden to hang around your neck all day. the EOS R + 35mm is so light and compact, it might be hard to find a better FF...
  5. P

The best of 2018 in gear as selected by our readers

Surprises me too, my #1 pick. I believe because it was the last RF lens to be available. It’s the most used Lens I have now.
  6. P

Ended: Your favourite new lens from Canon in 2018

Rf 35mm 1.8 is was a home run for size quality and performance to price. My pick for the year!
  7. P

Patent: Sigma 12mm f/2.8 optical formula

I use the Laowa as a real estate Workhorse. It is a great lens and I don't see how the sigma could improve unless it has auto focus.. I use this lens on my EOS are with the adapter and it is flawless I love the focus peaking
  8. P

EOS R - Interface; 15 minute first impressions.

The rf 35mm 1.8 IS is a spectacular lens with a small size and form factor. with the control ring and focus ring I cant imagine a lens getting much smaller and lighter with this IQ. It's the ideal compact traveler for me. Program the control ring as iso and all control issues are gone. I like...
  9. P

Problem with information overlaid in the EVF not showing up at times

I find when I change aperature with the control ring on my rf 24-105 it lags at least a second. Anyone experience this?
  10. P

Mirrorless and Focus Shift

Rf 50 is a fast focus lens as well
  11. P

Review: Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM

The EF 85mm 1.4 L IS is unbelievable on the Eos R too, you'll do well if you stick to that one!
  12. P

To IBIS or Not To IBIS

I believe video is where the major difference is notable. IBIS is much smoother when walking with the camera vs Lense IS which can display a lot of jitter. The combination of IBIS+lense IS will be the holy grail. Olympus mastered this with their 300mm pro lens, I suspect Canon will eventually...
  13. P

Two Canon EOS R series bodies coming in 2019 [CR2]

It’s more like a Mirrorless 5d Mark IV without dual card slots. I own both the 5D IV and the eos R. Keeping the Eos R.
  14. P

How are you setting up your EOS R

I've set mine to "Right" and "Absolute" it feels the most accurate and easy to use for me.
  15. P

New diffractive optics super telephoto lenses on the way, with a new twist….. [CR1]

They'll be all ready for the 2020 Olympics in Japan, the year of canon RF.