Recent content by preppyak

1. P

Canon to add 24p recording to the Canon EOS 90D, Canon EOS RP & Canon EOS M6 Mark II

And of course, this is what the a7III does as well. At base ISO, this is generally a good thing (especially for Canon who has generally had the kind of resolution that argues they are sampling 900px and scaling up to 1080, let alone producing 6k and scaling to 4k.) Every early test I've seen...
  2. P

Canon to add 24p recording to the Canon EOS 90D, Canon EOS RP & Canon EOS M6 Mark II

This shows a woeful lack of understanding on your part; or, if you truly believe that's Canon's approach, a comical lack of market research for a major company. editing systems have advanced quite a bit lately, so interlacing 24p and 30p footage isnt the end of the world, but for someone like...
  3. P

Nah, I actually liked most of the updates in the camera overall; but negating the biggest reason to move from an 80D to a 90D for me (4k recording) definitely made me upset with the decision. Especially since the only viable option Canon had in 4k was the EOS-R (which is still an APS-C level...
  4. P

Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark III is the next cinema camera coming [CR2]

Also, there just isnt any room for a C100 MkIII that shoots 4k 8-bit 4:2:0 and is priced at $4999 when Ive basically just described the C200 (which also has Cinema RAW). They arent gonna drop prices to update a Full HD camera either when that market is pretty settled at 1/2 the price of the...
  5. P

The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III is coming in 2020

On the contrary, the 1DXII was leaps and bounds ahead of any Canon DSLR for video features for a long time, and still is the only Canon DSLR that shoots 4k60. And it was released 3 years ago. I absolutely believe the 6k rumor, as they'll care about matching what Panasonic is doing with the S1H...
  6. P

Canon officially announces the Cinema EOS C500 Mark II

Because they dont have a lens lineup to support real Cine production in RF mount right now, and no production studio is going to willingly buy an RF mount version of this when their shop is filled with EF-mount lenses.
  7. P

Canon officially announces the EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

There is 1080/24 on the 90D. Canon has confirmed as much and its in the spec sheet This is like arguing that the 90D having 7fps shooting is fine, because its what the 80D had. The point of releasing a new camera is to incorporate features consumers want and to update key features with the...
  8. P

Youtube put 4k into their player 5 years ago...Canon is only just now adding it to their prosumer cameras. Lets not pretend the Canon model is being really forward looking on video. There's definitely a movement of people that want 60p as the standard frame rate...and a few film makers...
  9. P

Because the difference in look between 24p and 30p is noticeable, and our eyes have largely been trained to see 24p as "film" or "professional" and 30p as "video". There's a lot more factors that go into it than that (lighting, lens choice, etc) of course...but leaving off an obvious feature...
  10. P

Sure...but the SL3 shoots 4k24 with Digic8. As does the EOSR, RP, and M50. Its just such an odd line to draw; and made doubly odd by the fact that the RP shoots 4k24, but not FHD/24. Id just love to know why. It cant be to protect their Cine lines, because the cost of a C200 makes it much...
  11. P

That spec sheet also seems incomplete, as it doesnt list 1080/24 video recording size later on the page. Seems like a weird oversight. In any case, leaving out 4k24 is just nonsense. If you can do 4k30, you can do 4k24. Magic Lantern showed that software side, any frame rate is easily doable as...
  12. P

Canon EOS 90D full specifications

I travel for work, meaning I dont have the luxury of having a camera for every need with me. BM would be great if the battery life wasnt comically bad and if it had useable AF. Likewise, I dont want to carry large hard drives the world over to capture ProRes if I dont need it. I prefer cameras...
  13. P

Canon EOS 90D full specifications

This is a really, really dumb argument. The 80D shot 24p. The 70D shot 24p. The 60D shot 24p. To not include it is beyond insanity with no justification, because there is no end user who needs 24p and is going to go with a Cine line camera (all at $2k+ and most at $5k+) over a 90D just to get...
  14. P

Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

This. I think the issue is less with Canon sensors (though there is room for improvement there), and more with their processing. Though there is certainly a part of me that thinks a 5dIV could do 4k60 and Canon just segmented it out to protect their Cxxx lines.
  15. P

Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

Not if the specs are in sensor tech where Canon has been well behind. Or in video specs, where canon has been well behind. The difference in 12fps v 14fps...or 480 focus points v 571 focus points...yeah, those are silly spec wars. But it'd be a welcome change for Canon to put out their best in...