Recent content by privatebydesign

1. privatebydesign

Review: Canon EOS-1D X Mark III real world sports review

I do not believe the M6II, M6, M5, M50, G7X II, G5X or G1X III are aimed a casual shooters and they cost considerably more than the entry level DSLR's that for many years made Canon their money. But what doesn't the M6 II do that any crop sensor MILC does? Why is the M50 the 'content...
  2. privatebydesign

Review: Canon EOS-1D X Mark III real world sports review

Why would you say that? Canon have made millions more mirrorless cameras than DSLR’s.
  3. privatebydesign

Canon will release four new full-frame cameras in 2020 [CR2]

More importantly, why didn't he flick the lock tab on the SD card when he handed it off. Bad work practices and failed protocols will win out every time!
  4. privatebydesign

AWB vs Kelvin

I suppose I am showing my age, or more likely the age of the sources I learnt from! I'm happy to learn though and if ºK is dead (and has been for decades) I'm happy to adopt K as it's replacement. ºK is dead, long live K. (y)
  5. privatebydesign

AWB vs Kelvin

You and me both! :)
  6. privatebydesign

Preorder: Canon EOS-1D X Mark III with bonuses and a giveaway

That is so easy for you to say but you don't walk in my shoes! I have used 1 series cameras since the 1V, I have nearly 20 years of form factor and muscle memory invested in the 1 series. I owned 1DS MkIII's when they were the best of everything you could get, Canon decided to not give me a 1...
  7. privatebydesign

Preorder: Canon EOS-1D X Mark III with bonuses and a giveaway

That is sim[ply not true. I print 20" x 30" and 24" x 36", I would very much like 24mp rather than 20mp and I own two 1D X II's. Anybody that holds up the billboard meme doesn't understand printing, many of us output to sizes bigger than a double spread and have viewing distances less than 100...
  8. privatebydesign

Nonsense, even if it is just a sensor and a battery if they put two card slots on it and it does 24p then it will be the influencers darling and everybody will faun over it. "Cheapest camera a true pro can use", "new form factor for the pro and serious amateur photographer", "Canon break the...
  9. privatebydesign

Samantha

Personally I'd take it to the 1:1 ratio which has a very long and rich artistic history. Yes 'rules' are meant to be broken, but it needs to be done with purpose when it makes the image stronger. If you crop 1:1 you still have the window (?) frame so you maintain the motivating source and you...
  10. privatebydesign

Don’t be sorry, get a life and maintain context. The logical extension of your comment is that no person ever shooting any kind of meaningful images should ever use a single card slot camera, that is ridiculous, it has no historical basis, it isn’t true of many other cameras, video and stills...
  11. privatebydesign

Oh I am a pretty active camera club member, it's how I get to play with all the latest gear (only enthusiasts can justify most of it), I have recovered many corrupted cards from members and I have never failed to recover 'lost' images from corrupted, formatted, etc etc cards. I use PhotoRec, it...
  12. privatebydesign

I've photographed a good few weddings, I'll happily do it with a camera with a single card slot. No I have never had a card fail, I have lost them (which is my failure not the cards).
  13. privatebydesign

Firmware update coming to address Canon RF 70-200 focus issues at MFD

The cost has played a large factor in my adopting the R system, I haven't! If purchasing a mediocre body and three f2.8 zooms is going to cost me over $10,000 I want to see the differences in output and I just don't. That kind of investment puts the R system out of reach of most working pros...
  14. privatebydesign

Well there is definitely a trend, but to pronounce death I believe is premature :) You can buy a new Rebel kit from B&H today for $349, the cheapest M kit is $479, that is 37% more expensive in a market dominated by price sensitivity. I do not believe Canon are losing money on either though...
  15. privatebydesign

You mIght well believe that looking from your perspective of being a keen enthusiast with a very nice collection of new L glass, the bean counters at Canon might well disagree with you though. The numbers they look at tell a very different story as for many years the Rebel line has been the cash...