1. R

Canon U.S.A. Introduces Its First Two 8K Broadcast Lenses

Will it work on my EOS R?
  2. R

Industry News: Leica announces the Leica SL2

damn everybody has ibis but canon.
  3. R

How many megapixels will the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III have? [CR2]

i think the crop will only be required for raw. I think it will be full frame for general purpose 4k.
  4. R

Canon Patent: Hybrid Speedlite with active cooling

yeah the mark 3 and iv doesnt have any built in af assist like some other brands' prosumer cameras until the eos r.
  5. R

I just know 3rd party flashes have a nasty visible pattern that is distracting and stays on in the center of where it is pointed while canon flickers real fast and is barely noticeable. I wish someone would try to prove this.
  6. R

here is what i just read "The issue, as I understand it, is that traditional AF assist beams are IR which is filtered by the sensor's IR layer. In a DSLR, the PDAF system can see the AF assist beam and focus is acquired without the sensor readout. With mirrorless, the sensor is performing AF, so...
  7. R

people say mirrorless cameras is missing something on the sensor to detect the IR beam. Profoto states it on their A1 material. i never tested it. also the eos r has very good af and gets better with the lower f stop lenses. so it has to be really really dark for it not to focus.
  8. R

the LED on the EOS r is just that. and LED light to help focus. the canon brand external flashes had a little red or IR beam that isnt very visible. the high end flashes has a pattern that moves with the focus point you choose.
  9. R

Preorder all of the new Canon gear now!

i work alot. i dont know if reviewers or other photogs get as much work as me.
  10. R

I will stick with Canon. the build quality is the best, I got an 18-35 sigma and it is falling apart and the AF kinda sucks.
  11. R

I got 2 A1X. I doubt I will ever use another flash again. This is coming from a guy that bought 6 600rts. The amount of power and conveniece from the rechargable battery, LED, power output, easy of gelling, and magnet mod support makes it incredible. the only thing Canon has over any flash I...
  12. R

crazy prices. give us a new body and we will consider upgrading our lenses.
  13. R

Samyang to release an AF 14mm f/2.8 for the RF mount

smart choice for the insane crop in 4k.
  14. R

Canon officially announces the development of the EOS-1D X Mark III

the only thing in the way of raw video is storage and speed. i dont see how this would even be a hard thing to do today in a flagship. even the bmpcc 4k has raw I think.
  15. R

Canon officially announces the development of the EOS-1D X Mark III

for a video of how the whole camera looks