Recent content by richperson

1. richperson

Review: Canon EOS-1D X Mark III real world sports review

I'm not normally a birder, but it would be fun to head out to the beach and catch some gulls or pelicans. Gives me an excuse to get away from the chaos that is my house.
  2. richperson

Yeah, Peter is trying to keep up with new tech. He certainly appreciated the auto AF modes. I have a tournament Feb 22 and 23, so hopefully my iii comes in before that. I can A/B with the ii and the same lenses for comparison.
  3. richperson

I have always used single point and expanded for sports as nothing else is usable. The AF upgrade may really change the way I shoot. Mine is coming in February in the middle of volleyball season, so that will be one test.
  4. richperson

My recollection is that he always shoots in Av mode because he always shoots in well lit stadium, so never has to worry about his shutter speed getting too low. I usually shoot manual with Auto ISO, as I don't have that luxury.
  5. richperson

This was the main item I was waiting for in his review. Glad he explicitly mentioned it. I will say that American football is the easiest case for such AF. Very interested to see how it does in basketball and volleyball and other more condensed sports. Also noted that he appeared to shoot at...
  6. richperson

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to shoot 4k video external on a 1DX body, when you could do it on an R body more conveniently and much cheaper?
  7. richperson

I can't imagine it would be any less compatible than the 1DXii was.
  8. richperson

Canon will release four new full-frame cameras in 2020 [CR2]

because my "assistant" was a high school junior who volunteered and was tech savvy. I have camera bodies with both single and double card slots. I don't have to have them, but on rare occasions they come in very handy. As such, I would rather have one than not have one, but I bought the R...
  9. richperson

That is another way to do it, and I use that also when I post directly. But, I often need to get quick images to someone else and appreciate having it on a card and not having to futz with my phone.
  10. richperson

You know these Canon cameras take still photos too, right? Let me give you two examples: 1) I'm shooting a sports event and I want raw images for post processing, but also want JPEGs for immediate posting on social media; AND 2) I'm shooting portraits at an event, and we want to print quick...
  11. richperson

RF 135mm

I would hope eventually they make both. Maybe a 135mm f/1.8 at under $2000 and a 135mm f/1.4 at $3000-3500. That second lens would be amazing for portraits and for sports and theater applications.
  12. richperson

RF 135mm

Okay, well I'm obviously not as old as you (at least in Canon years) to site a long discontinued lens. Again, I shorthanded my language. What I meant to say is "currently, Canon does not sell a new EF 28-70mm lens that could be confused with the RF 28-70 f/2 lens." And yes, it bothers me...
  13. richperson

RF 135mm

No, because there is no 28-70mm EF lens. There is only one EF 135mm, and there will be only one RF 135mm lens. We are just speaking different language. I understand that my shortcutting on detail was confusing to you, but you are unlikely to convince me to express myself differently in the...
  14. richperson

RF 135mm

Are you Drax??? Here I will spell it out for your in words more easily digested. "RF 135mm f/1.8 or faster would be a very quick purchase for me. For those who haven’t used the EF version--which everyone knows has a max aperature of f/2..." Is that easier to understand?
  15. richperson

RF 135mm

I didn't say there was one. Read my post please. Reports and patent publications indicated that the RF version would be f/1.8, and given the number f/1.2 RF primes I think an RF 135mm f/1.8 is realistic.