Recent content by rjbray01

1. R

Industry News: Sony officially announces the α9 II

What you say is of course completely true and I for one get very angry sometimes when I see some of the vile comments posted I can simultaneously see how easy it is on a a forum such as this to think "that's a load of nonsense" and then write a response which feels like you are proving your...
  2. R

Industry News: Sony officially announces the α9 II

Sony are doomed Doomed I tell you
  3. R

If you can only afford one L prime- which one do you choose?

I agree - it's a tough decision but 85mm would be my choice too - ideal portraits, can crop to 70-200 equivalent and use panorams for wider angle static landscapes ... I follow Thomas Heaton on YouTube and many of his landscapes are shot with a 70-200 and joined as a panorama to great effect...
  4. R

RF Mount 7D2 replacement? Could it happen?

Actually I suspect you might be wrong in the long term I doubt they will start development of any new M or EF lenses but slowly cover the entire range both L and budget with R lenses and R cameras At that point they will phase out the production of EF and M lenses and cameras. I personally...
  5. R

I'm no marketing expert but I get the impression that Canon want to achieve both market share and brand reputation. It seems to me that having a spectrum of high-price-top-quality and low-price-competitive-quality is the way to maximize long-term success- with the top end proving the company's...
  6. R

Perhaps we will get to the point where all you require is a single prime lens with ultra hi-res sensor - pan for wide angle and crop for telephoto - and blur with software - hmm sounds like my phone
  7. R

Does Lightroom 6.0 Support the R and RP cameras ?

Thanks very much indeed - that is very informative and helpful
  8. R

Does Lightroom 6.0 Support the R and RP cameras ?

Hi, being a bit stingy here, but I don't have a subscription to Adobe, but make do with Lightroom 6.0 for which I paid a one-off license fee. I'm wondering whether upgrading to the new world of Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras will mean I also have to move to the Adobe Subscription Model. Could...
  9. R

Canon officially announces the EOS M200

I watched the marketing video and was really impressed with the improvements to the user interface for beginners. I didn't think the 77D quite hit the mark and it looks like the have continued to make improvements Whilst people on our forum are unlikely to use the UI I would really welcome an...
  10. R

Canon officially announces the EOS M200

Maybe putting new features straight into new low-end models is a clever way of encouraging users of higher-end users to wait for Canon's next model and not jump ship to another make - in the confident knowledge that Canon has the technology waiting in the wings and that it's sure to be built in...
  11. R

Canon EOS R “One YEAR Later” REVIEW…does it hold up?

Thanks for posting this. An excellent and balanced review I thought. I follow Jared Polin on YouTube and like his articles more and more.
  12. R

Firmware: Canon EOS R v1.4.0, this is a major firmware update (Update: Firmware removed)

Well ... "Nearly" apart from IBIS, high res lo latency viewfinder and a full range of lenses ... But I agree progress has been good and by the end of next year I think we will all feel a lot happier with the options available to us
  13. R

Canon EOS M200 coming soon

Yeah plus IBIS, high res and low latency viewfinder, a native 24-105 f/4 plus an electronic diopter control for bragging rights and it would be a half decent camera
  14. R

Patent: Multiple small RF prime lens optical formulas

Thanks - I like what you say about only carrying 24,50 and 135 primes ... It sounds like a great combination Im trying to wean myself off zooms and travel light .. I have the Canon 135 f/2 and 85 f1.4 which are not exactly super-light but I love both I can see carrying something like an RP...
  15. R

Patent: Multiple small RF prime lens optical formulas

Maybe lots of patents is like the presidential motorcade having lots of cars so you don't know which is the real president's car ...