Recent content by Roadtrip

1. R

Guess who! :)

Annette O'Toole?
  2. R

Pick between two options for the Canon 7D II

Wide range ISO, great sensor performance, dual card slots (CF, SD who cares?), FPS - again, who cares? If you're into sports it matters…for the rest of us, it's image quality, not FPS. Until Canon delivers a camera worth ditching my 30D (or 10S film camera for that matter), I'm staying put...
  3. R

When are we gonna get some news on canons next 50mm (hopefully with IS)

+100,000......and I thought I was the only one that felt that way!
  4. R

What is the next Canon lens you want or covet and why...

Me too! I'm leaning more towards going full frame (with my Canon 10s)! I'm itchin' to get back into film... Of course, after I do THAT I'll probably go back to digital with my 30D.... :)
  5. R

How do you print your photos for those who still do?

Which Costco in the Phoenix area? Since I travel from Payson I have my choice of Costco's - they're all far away for me!
  6. R

Why did you choose Canon?

Bought my first SLR in 1974 - a Canon FTb-n with a 50mm 1.4. In 1990 I wanted to switch to autofocus and had every intention of switching to Nikon (Canon pissed me off with the incompatible lens change). Sales guy talked me into a Canon 10s - I wanted the Nikon 8008s. Still have the 10s and...
  7. R

Which eye do you shoot with?

Right handed - left eye dominant. Tried to make myself shoot right-eyed but it just wasn't as comfortable (or natural) as using my left eye. Guess I'm one of the 20%'ers....
  8. R

Canon EF 50 f/1.4 IS in 2013 [CR2]

I didn't need IS with my FD 50mm f1.4, and I don't need it now, especially for the extra $400 over the current lens....
  9. R

CLOSED: Gura Gear Giveaway!

Re: Gura Gear Giveaway! Please... I need to win a giveaway! Especially one that doesn't REQUIRE Twitter or Facebook! I'll be happy with anything, but could really use a new camera bag! Thanks for the generous contest!
  10. R

AA Battery Charger and Batteries

I am very happy with my Energizer NiMH batteries and compact chargers. The batteries hold a charge very well. My first rechargeable batteries and charger were from PowerEx... the charger is good, but the batteries were the worst. I still have the charger but the batteries are no longer in my bag.
  11. R

What are most people using for processing RAW

I'll be left in the cold (again). This version will probably only work with Mountain Lion... for Aperture 3.4 update you had to have OS to 10.7 (Lion). I had too many wi-fi problems with it and moved back to 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). Oh well....
  12. R

What are most people using for processing RAW

I use Aperture... before that I used Canon DPP. While I DO have Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 (primarily for my scanner), I tend to avoid Adobe products. While they produce very good products, my personal opinion is that (for the most part) the cost of their products outweighs the quality. I did...