Recent content by RobbieHat

1. R

Canon announcements coming at the end of August [CR2]

I also shoot landscapes and almost every photographer I am in workshops with has switched to Sony or Nikon. Canon has two compelling offerings at this point. 11-24 which many adapt to Sony and 5 dsr which just got one upped by Sony.
  2. R

Industry News: Sony Introduces the High-resolution A7R IV with World’s First 61.0 MP Back-illuminated, Full-frame Image Sensor

Agreed with the logic and it certainly puts a lot of pressure on Canon to up their sensor game. Not an easy task when you don't have the committed sales pipeline that Sony has. Wonder is partnering with other innovators in the space has been considered (Samsung, etc.)?
  3. R

Industry News: Sony Introduces the High-resolution A7R IV with World’s First 61.0 MP Back-illuminated, Full-frame Image Sensor

Aint that the truth. And talk about out of focus images! At F4 my 600mm DOF is about 1 inch or less from 50 feet. I have to open it up to get the beak and tail in focus for a baby seagull!
  4. R

Wait...what? Canon is "lagging" in their bodies but it "has been too many years since the last release" that you use or would buy. So, if you haven't bought or used a new Canon body for years on what authority are you claiming they are "lagging?" I shoot with a 5DSR since it was first...
  5. R

Reread my post and take a deep breath. The RF lenses are only useful to me with a RF body that meets my needs. Current releases don’t. The RF system also significantly impacts my investment in EF lenses (I know you can adapt) and there are significant gaps in the RF current releases. As I...
  6. R

Sony are making it tough. Canon have one more year for me to at least catchup if not surpass in some areas. The DR gap is getting too large to ignore for my landscape and Astro work. The focus system, IBIS, eye detect and focus coverage gap is also getting too great to ignore for my wildlife...
  7. R

Canon officially announces the RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS STM

The kit in the link is already posted at $1999. There is a $200 instant credit with Adorama in the link. What are you waiting for?
  8. R

The next EOS R system camera gets a mention again [CR1]

I will gladly take the bump in resolution. I will require an increase in DR for me to move. I would welcome a bump in FPS but don't expect it. Combine this with the super fast UWA zoom that has been rumored and this will make an epic landscape/astrophotography rig. Still hoping this sensor...
  9. R

Here’s a vague Canon roadmap for 2019 [CR1]

I have as well (on vacation and shooting quite a bit). I am not a professional but leverage good equipment (bodies and lenses) for all of the shots I do take and get (as well as print for myself, friends and family). I shoot landscape and wildlife and the body I use most is the 5DSR. I have...
  10. R

Here’s a vague Canon roadmap for 2019 [CR1]

My guess will be 5DSR replacement first (high MP sensor, new card technology to increase write speeds/FPS and hopefully higher DR). Goes nicely with lots of the lenses that have been announced and will sell well to studio/landscape photographers and a bunch of people that already bought the R...
  11. R

Patent: Canon RF 100-400mm f/3.5-5.6L IS and more

I would love to see the pro-body (5DSR replacement) come out at 75mp. If it did, I would sell my current 5DSR and replace by 600mm with the much lighter 500mm (I already have the extenders). That would allow for BIF cropping on the higher MP at about the same rate as the current 50mp 5DSR and...
  12. R

Canon EOS R body with more than 75mp on the horizon [CR2]

Interested in this and certainly the new RF lenses. I will need to see some improvement in DR and higher ISO performance for it to really be a winner in my mind. Could also make a great wildlife camera if the FPS are anything about 4 or 5 FPS.
  13. R

Patent: Canon RF 14-21mm f/1.4L, yes…. f/1.4

This would be a beast of a lens but would also be a lot of fun for astrophotography and landscape (don't need the wide aperture). I can only imagine how much this will weigh, cost and what the filter system will be for it.
  14. R

Is the Canon EOS 5DS series to be replaced by a mirrorless camera? [CR1]

I not only wouldn't be surprised by this development, but would be quite happy as well. I am hoping for the 5DSR replacement to include no AA filter (per comments above), a small bump in MP, a big improvement in DR and high ISO performance a much better focusing system and a small bump in FPS...
  15. R

Flagship EOS R camera coming in February ahead of CP+? [CR1]

Then the EOS R is the camera for you. Just wait until the next generate when they add the second card slot and you are good. For some of us the lack of additional MP is the reason we have not pulled the trigger on the EOS R. I don't care about the two card slots, but do care about DR, MP...