Recent content by Rocky

1. R

M6 mk II review...

The sensor is at the right side of the view finder window. Anything that come close to it will turn on the view finder and disable the touch screen when you are reviewing the picture.
  2. R

M6 mk II review...

Correction: I try my M50 to day. The view finder turns on when my eye is about 1.5” (38 mm) from the rubber light shield of the eye piece.
  3. R

M6 mk II review...

I try my M50 to day. The view finder turns on when my eye is about 1” from the eye piece.
  4. R

M6 mk II review...

Sorry, I did not make it clear.That is a OLD EF 28-135 .lens from my 40D days. I use it on M50 With EF to M adapter.
  5. R

M6 mk II review...

“Funny that with all the hype about mirrorless. . . I can't seem to find a home in the Canon lineup. The EF-M lenses are too cheap. The RF lenses are too expensive.” Some EF-M lenses are plastic construction, even with plastic mount. They do look cheap. But I do not think they are cheap in...
  6. R

Canon EOS M6 Mark II full specifications

Is it possible that may have something to do with how you hold the camera and how you r index finger pushing the shutter release?
  7. R

Canon EOS M6 Mark II full specifications

Ashmadux, Please post some pictures with shooting data to show the shutter shock of the M50. I would like to see them. I have been using my M50 for almost a year. I have never notice the problem. I am a pixel peeper.
  8. R

A new EOS Rebel is coming this month, possibly an EOS Rebel T8i or entry level EOS M camera[CR1]

"-pekr- said: I myself don't care much about the the tourists using an ILCs. If hammer could make an image, they would use hammer instead of the camera probably. I do care abou the ecosystem I live in - wedding photogs, studio groups, influencers. I know what kind of shift I am seeing in last...
  9. R

Thinking about going mirrorless and looking for advice

If you are not doing sport , birding or chasing the kids, mirrorless will be good for you. Whether you want a R or M is is another personal choice. If you are concern about weight, the M is a better choice, due to the size of the weight of the R lenses ( they are better than the M lenses). I...
  10. R

Ricoh predicts DSLRs will bounce back

You are RIGHT. I impulsively bought the Leica M4 (too expensive), not by necessity, to use parallel with my other SLR. ( I arbitrarily not to mention the made or the model) I bought 35mm, 50mm for both system. got 135mm ( for flowers and close up) for the SLR and 90mm (for portrait),. I compare...
  11. R

No need for personal attack here. I have never claim any sacred knowledge as you claimed. All my statements are accurate(may be beyond your understanding??). We started out with focusing between rangefinder and DSLR film camera( assuming within in the capacity of both cameras) Then you keep on...
  12. R

Please go dig up the DOF calculation formula. Magnification is never in the equation. You even said it yourself that if you want to make larger than 8X10, you will override the DOF scale on the lens. Also the circle of confusion is 0.03mm for 35mm film except Leica uses 0.02mm to calculate...
  13. R

Thanks Mike, what you are talking about is the perception of sharpness and the human eye. Not the original definition of DOF in the film day. Kit and I are talking about DOF in film cametas
  14. R

SHOW ME IF YOU CAN. Otherwise, shut up