Recent content by RunAndGun

1. R

Cinematic Image Reimagined: Introducing Sumire Prime Lenses From Canon

I don’t really need any Cine modded lenses. I’m pretty happy with the lenses I have now: a set of CN-E primes and the 17-120. My comment wasn’t really about needing super sharp lenses, it was that Canon actually designed the Sumire’s to actually be “less sharp”, if you will. And yes, I’ve...
  2. R

Feature update announcements coming to the Canon EOS R and Canon Cinema EOS C200 ahead of NAB

Well, the problem is, no, not everyone does know what you mean. One only has to be on the various forums for a little while to see that there are way too many people, especially those just starting out, that think that it’s actually changing the focal length of the lens and other variations of...
  3. R

Have you looked at the demo’s? “Anti-Sharpness” was the priority with these. They have less contrast and ”halate” on purpose wide open. “Resolving” more detail for higher resolution sensors was not the priority. I’d also have to see some definitive documentation that these are a completely new...
  4. R

Kind of surprised at the big jump in price. The Sumire's are basically double the price of my 'original' CN-E set.
  5. R

Feature update announcements coming to the Canon EOS R and Canon Cinema EOS C200 ahead of NAB

“Crop factor” does not change the focal length of a lens. It changes the field of view of the lens. I understand some people’s confusion over it, but they are different things.
  6. R

Canon Introduces Two New UHDgc 2/3-Inch Portable Zoom Lenses Designed For 4K UHD Broadcast Cameras

Affordable is a relative term. I can name three people off the top of my head, two that I know personally, that own copies of the 50-1000. Most networks, ESPN included, don’t own their own remote production equipment. There are several companies out there that handle most of it for most of...
  7. R

Here’s the list of Canon camcorders being announced next week

Other sites that are more “video-centric” have pretty much shot that down and said there will not be a C300 mkIII at NAB. Of course, we’ll know definitively in about a week or so. Personally, I couldn’t care less about the little “handycams” and a new 300 is also low on my list of things to...
  8. R

The future of the Canon EOS-1D X series [CR1]

BMI is not only a terrible scale, it’s deceptive and misleading in its connotations and should be outlawed as any type of metric used in health and insurance assessments. Even when I was in great shape back in high school working out and doing cardio five days a week with my body fat at...
  9. R

All of the nominated documentaries at the Oscars were shot on Canon cameras.

He probably does like Canon gear, but the links are to Canon Explorers of Light, which he is one of. He’s an ambassador for Canon and all that entails. I honestly couldn’t care less. I’m a big boy and have been shooting professionally for 22 years and I understand how the world works. If a...
  10. R

The future of the Canon EOS-1D X series [CR1]

A lot of people don’t realize that, within reason, a larger grip is much easier on your hand/joints to hold for extended periods of time(like shooting long sporting events), especially if it’s “heavy”.
  11. R

Canon’s plans for NAB 2019 next month [CR2]

I’d love to see the rumored CN-E 100mm be a T1.3 or 1.5. I had the Sigma Cine 105 T1.5 on demo and I was planing on making that my next lens purchase, but if Canon announces a 100mm at least as fast that will be available before fall, I’d probably wait.
  12. R

http://www.studiodaily.com/2018/09/free-solo-co-director-dp-jimmy-chin-risks-rewards-action-cinematography/...
  13. R

Is an RF 135mm f/1.4L USM in development? [CR1]

I have the CN-E version of this lens and I love. It and the 85 are my primary interview lenses. I’ve even put it on one of my 5D’s and shot stills with it and it performed well. All that being said, a ‘super speed’ version of the 135 would be incredible. But as someone who has demo’d the...
  14. R

Just throwing this out there... Canon ‘sponsored’ Free Solo.