Recent content by RunAndGun

1. R

Canon officially announces the Cinema EOS C500 Mark II

I was just more or less referring to Canons info. But overall that goes to show just how effective relentless marketing is(say anything enough and it becomes "true"). Much like the term "Full HD". Nowhere in the ATSC specs was there any type of terminology like this differentiating 720P...
  2. R

Ok. I follow you, now. I typically see, and use, "DoF" for "Depth of Field".
  3. R

I’m sorry, what? You mean 5 axis image stabilization.
  4. R

Well, there’s your problem. None of this stuff is an investment. You’re buying tools to use. Or if it makes you feel better, assets. Everyone who blurts out the “investment” line just sounds silly. Stop trying to make it sound like you’ve made some grand, genius financial move. Sorry, don’t...
  5. R

Here is the Canon Cinema EOS C500 Mark II

Yes. It’s easy enough to get ND behind shallow mounts. E and FZ, which are both shallower, are the native mount on the Fs7 series and F55/5, respectively. And as was mentioned, the “FF” Venice has an E mount and a dual tray 0-8 stop ND system. And technically on the Venice, the E mount isn’t...
  6. R

Time Travel: 2019 IndyCar at Road America shot on a Canon SUPER 8 from 1968

Very timely. I was just there shooting IMSA last weekend. But with a C300.
  7. R

A bit more about the upcoming Canon Cinema EOS C500 Mark II

I can’t tell if some of these posts are sarcasm or just lack of understanding of the TV/Movie production industry.
  8. R

Is RED about to announce the first RF mount video camera?

I guess what I’m getting at, more than “where are the cameras?”, is how would Sony actually get the cameras(or whatever) back if the owner is unwilling to part with it? I don’t think there is any law or legal way/precedent for them to forcefully take the camera(or other equipment) back from a...
  9. R

Is RED about to announce the first RF mount video camera?

How would a recall even work? Hypothetically speaking, say it plays out in court and it’s ruled that Sony did violate/infringe upon RED patents and the ruling states Sony must get back all the products covered. Sony can’t just walk into someone’s house or place of business and take them back...
  10. R

Canon Cinema EOS C500 Mark II information [CR1]

Pretty easy on my F55. Literally takes seconds. VariCam takes a little longer, but is pretty straightforward, as well. Let’s see if Canon finally does make a user swappable system and makes it practicle, so that can be done in the field in less than 10 seconds.
  11. R

Insurance recommendation: ? anyone have experience with "FullFrame"

Yeah, home policies can be tricky/finicky and some insurance companies, even huge nationwide companies, will sometimes try to drop you on even the smallest claim. I had an incident about 13 years ago where I was out of town on a shoot and my vehicle got stolen and most of the equipment I was...
  12. R

Patent: Dual internal teleconverter telephoto lens.

Yeah. Too bad the stills world isn't like TV/"Movie" production. PL mount Canon 17-120 on Sony F55 Heck, at one point Canon, Fuji, Nikon and Angenieux all built 2/3" B4 mount lenses for TV cameras. It's just Canon and Fuji, today.
  13. R

https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/04/10/multi-turret-old-school-meets-new-school/
  14. R

Kinda like these that we had in the days of 16x9/4x3 switchable TV cameras. Most of our ENG lenses had a built-in 2x extender, but for a while they added the option of adding in a .7x(I believe) element to maintain the FoV when the camera was switched from 16x9 to 4X3(the sides of the chips...
  15. R

Cinematic Image Reimagined: Introducing Sumire Prime Lenses From Canon

I don’t really need any Cine modded lenses. I’m pretty happy with the lenses I have now: a set of CN-E primes and the 17-120. My comment wasn’t really about needing super sharp lenses, it was that Canon actually designed the Sumire’s to actually be “less sharp”, if you will. And yes, I’ve...