Recent content by scottkinfw

1. scottkinfw

Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

How many MP are enough MP?
  2. scottkinfw

More about the upcoming high-megapixel EOS R system camera [CR2]

It Does! Order another camera and let's see what they announce!
  3. scottkinfw

Photo spots in or near Flagstaff, AZ

Thanks Graham. I'll check them all out now. Scott
  4. scottkinfw

Hey Fanboy, and thanks. I will look into that. We are neighbors. I am in Trophy Club, and work in Southlake, and Irving! Scott
  5. scottkinfw

I will be in Flagstaff July 27 & 28 with free time. Does anyone have tips for good spots to shoot? I would be interested in landscapes, wildlife, and interesting Route 66 sites. Thank you in advance. Scott
  6. scottkinfw

Flash for a 70-200 and 300mm lens

Look into a Better Beamer to attach to your flash. You will need to set the flash to 50mm. You can google it or look at the lenscoat website. I am not sure how far, but the better beamer will extend the reach of your flash with a frensel lens. scott
  7. scottkinfw

Canon’s EOS-1D X Mark II equivalent mirrorless is coming sooner than originally thought [CR1]

The body is one thing, the lenses are quite another (huge) thing.
  8. scottkinfw

Need advice for a sturdy tripod and head

I Agree with Neuro- RRS makes excellent quality tripods, heads and accessories, so prepare to pay a premium. If you can wait until December and want to take a risk, Peak Design is putting out a tripod/head on Kickstarter that looks interesting for travel. I signed up for one (I have RRS and...
  9. scottkinfw

The first supertelephoto for the RF mount to be an RF 500mm f/4L IS [CR1]

I guess I will start playing the Lotto. My wish list exceeds my wallet!
  10. scottkinfw

Antarctic Photo Tours- Recommendations/Experiences Please?

Great suggestion Aussie shooter. I didn't even know one existed. Thanks. Scott.
  11. scottkinfw

Thank you CanonFanBoy. Right now it is a pipe dream, but, if I don't start, it won't happen. This may be my last big trip before I retire, and after that, no big trips. I have wanted to go cavort with the penguins for a long time (had fun with the Jackass Penguins in Boulders Beach, S...
  12. scottkinfw

I'm considering an Antarctic trip to photograph mainly penguins and other animals. The denser the population of animals the better. The more time on the ground and off a ship the better. Does anyone have experiences and recommendations good/bad to share regarding travel companies and best...
  13. scottkinfw

Patent: Lots of small, light and fast EF prime lenses

I was wondering why a lens needs to be made for seemingly each mm?
  14. scottkinfw

Canon confirms 8K capable EOS R camera in development

The monitors are on the way. My issue is that print technology doesn't get any benefit from 8K. Scott