Recent content by SecureGSM

1. S

Images and specifications for the upcoming RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS & DM-E100

ef 70-200 /2.8 II at the 70mm end is on par with RF 70-200 besides in the extreme corners where RF lens looks better. at the tele end, RF lens wins in mid frame and corners. however, at the 135mm, I favour the EF lens in corners and centre. I am keen to see some bokeh samples of the RF lens at...
  2. S

Upgrade to m6 ii or RP for family memories in low light

"The biggest drawback of Canon re-using the EOS 6D Mark II’s sensor is its relatively limited low-ISO dynamic range. This means that you can’t dig as much detail out of the shadows from raw files before being confronted by unsightly noise, compared to other full-frame sensors or even modern...
  3. S

Upgrade to m6 ii or RP for family memories in low light

Canon RP High ISO performance is very solid indeed. "a bunch of random web reviewers" is random :) http://www.photonstophotos.net/Charts/PDR.htm#Canon%20EOS%205D%20Mark%20IV,Canon%20EOS%20RP
  4. S

If you can only afford one L prime- which one do you choose?

now, that is a one L lens I cannot afford. hm.. will have to have a convo with my manager on Monday around lunch time. :)
  5. S

Patent: Some crazy fast RF mount prime lenses, including an RF 18mm f/1.0L

At what size and weight though? Seriously.....
  6. S

What’s next from Canon?

It depends on how lossless that mRAW and sRAW options are.... free cheese?
  7. S

What’s next from Canon?

Gotcha! You are correct. 5DSR is a capable camera that can certainly be used for a lower res, bread and butter shooting. However my understanding is they the camera is optimised for a different type of work. In my view there’re are two type of cameras: generalist type of camera and a...
  8. S

What’s next from Canon?

I believe that Canon learnt their lesson with 5DS/R and market is better understood for them by now. A ultra high res rig is an appealing proposition to many beyond the PJ and run and gun crowd. I have no visibility into 5dS/R vs 5DIV sales data but would hazard a guess that market emphasis...
  9. S

What’s next from Canon?

With al With all due respect, your case is an exception. The majority of event shooters would resort to a lower resolution cameras. This is an opinion.
  10. S

Cue the head spinning, The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III to be 20.1mp? [CR1]

https://m.dpreview.com/interviews/6888036612/canon-interview-eos-1d-x-mark-iii-2019 Please read line in bold below. Emphasis is mine. Canon EOS-1D X Mark III - key specifications (what we know so far): All-new CMOS sensor Dual-pixel 525-point CMOS AF with 90/100% coverage horizontally and...
  11. S

Cue the head spinning, The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III to be 20.1mp? [CR1]

I am pretty sure Canon is NOT abandoning JPEG. Please correct that. HEIF will be offered as an alternative along with JPEG and RAW. This has been mentioned is in the Canon’s recent DPR interview.
  12. S

What’s next from Canon?

Keith, what are your observations in relation to optimal shutter speed requirements for shooting stationary subjects with 90D? I shoot with two 5D IV bodies. I found that my sweet spot is around 1/FLx1.5. I do not shoot people slower than1/60 no matter what even at a UW angles. Thank you...
  13. S

What’s next from Canon?

Some features are essential and some features are nice to have. If you are on a paid assignment outdoors and continue shooting whatever weather conditions are, then you need a camera that’s is reasonably weather sealed. According to this highly reputable resource Canon R is not weather sealed...
  14. S

What’s next from Canon?

Diffraction limited aperture ;)
  15. S

What’s next from Canon?

You comment is: why R is not considered a Pro body? Answer: you can cram as much cool Features as you like in a camera but if the camera is not weather resistant enough or not rugged enough, it won’t survive a commercial environment.