Recent content by SereneSpeed

1. S

One thing that was fixed in EOS R firmware 1.2.0 that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere

I reported the 'magnify to original size at AF point' issue to Canon as a bug. Glad they listened to me :) Apparently, it never worked before in live view. So given that the R is basically just a live view 5D4, it wasn't there at launch. I wonder if others complained too? I used the feature...
  2. S

Canon EOS R firmware version 1.2.0 announced

??? I tether a lot - I do not notice any lag. Directly comparable to the 5D and 1D series when using Capture one. I wait 1 second or less for a RAW image to render. Are you sure you haven't accidentally started using hot folders? i.e. using Canon's software to tether and Capture one to read it...
  3. S

Focus issue: 300/4.0L (non-IS)

I'd test your lenses on another EOS R... 16-35 f4, 24-70 f2.8ii, 70-200 f2.8 ii, RF35, 50A, 85A, 100L, and 70-200 w/ 2x are all perfection... much better than my AFMA'd 5Div, and pair of 5Diii's ever were...
  4. S

Help me Decide: Canon RF 35 f1.8 or Sigma Art 35 f1.4 for my EOS R

I've owned the 35A and now own the RF35. They aren't alike. The 35A has something special to the image quality. It's got phenomenal sharpness and rendering. But it's huge in comparison. The RF35 has great image quality, but not like the Art. But it's so small and wonderful to work with. It...
  5. S

New major firmware for the Canon EOS R should arrive soon

I feel your pain! Once a year or so, I break down and re-order the items so my most used features are on the first tab. I fight it until moving it takes way less time than the time spent clicking to the next tab. I know to some that will sound trivial, but not to me. Viggo - I get it :-)
  6. S

Canon releases firmware v1.1.0 for the EOS R and it’s disappointing

The more I use Face Detect and Eye Detect AF, the more I agree with Viggo (and many others) who have seen that during Face Detect, the critical focus is still on the eye. I am seeing the same thing. And djack41, the difference I am seeing, is the second box (one for the face, one for the eye)...
  7. S

Viggo, what lens is that???
  8. S

When do you actually use face detection AF?

I don’t use it for professional work for still images. I do use it professionally for video and it’s outstanding! Video is only a small part of my work, but I rely on it for 80% if what I do. For stills, I only use it to chase my children, or shoot family because it’s only one shot AF and...
  9. S

Dave Etchells has confirmed (via canon - he even has a date that he withheld) that there is in fact a firmware update for the EOSR that allows continuous eye AF. https://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2019/02/13/juicy-tidbits-on-canon-eos-rp-interview-q-and-a He mentioned it In the article, but...
  10. S

Eye AF in Servo!!!
  11. S

SERVO EYE AF in the EOS RP! Please Canon, give this to the EOS R!!!
  12. S

Canon officially announces the EOS RP

SERVO EYE AF!
  13. S

I started a new thread, but Firmware 1.1.0 has bean released. It's very minor. I sure hope there's more to come! Firmware changes: Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes. 1. Support for "continuous shooting" is available when "silent shutter" has been...
  14. S

Continue reading...