Recent content by Sibir Lupus

1. Sibir Lupus

Patent: Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM II

The M50 just came out this year, so I doubt a M50 Mark II is right around the corner. My guess is that this new EF-M 15-45mm lens will be the one included on the M5 Mark II and M6 Mark II, and/or the M200
  2. Sibir Lupus

Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III should arrive in early 2019

Then why are they still using 1" Sony sensors in the G9x II and G7x II? :P I guess it was a holdout until they can bring their own 1" sensor development cost down to the level needed for these cameras. And if that's the case, we may also see a G5x II and G3x II with DPAF in the near future.
  3. Sibir Lupus

Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III should arrive in early 2019

New image sensor with DPAF? Is Canon finally making the 1" sensor for their PowerShot cameras? :)
  4. Sibir Lupus

Is the Canon EOS 5DS series to be replaced by a mirrorless camera? [CR1]

I highly doubt Canon was embarrassed by Nikon with the Z6 and Z7. If anything, Nikon should be embarrassed releasing a $3,000 "pro" Z7 and launching it with lackluster lenses. Canon's EOS R may be lacking in some video features, but its AF, higher resolution sensor for an entry level FF...
  5. Sibir Lupus

At least two new EOS M cameras coming in 2019 [CR2]

This is great to hear ^_^. I'll be keeping my eye on that M5 Mark II ;).
  6. Sibir Lupus

At least two new EOS M cameras coming in 2019 [CR2]

Yes, and that is many people simply don't NEED an upgrade path to full frame anymore :). Today's APS-C sensors are vastly superior to full frame sensors from around 5 years ago in terms of ISO performance and AF. One can easily take great, high quality photos with a camera like an M6 or M5. And...
  7. Sibir Lupus

Is there an EOS R series camera with an APS-C sensor coming? [CR1]

A Canon manager said in an interview earlier this year that they are willing to roll our more mirrorless cameras even if it means eating into their DSLR sales. From viewing Canon's strategy over the years with the EOS M, they were never willing to sacrifice DSLR sales then. This change in...
  8. Sibir Lupus

Film is a format, not a camera system. If we want to compare apples to apples, then lets look at Nikon's 1 series camera system. It was officially discontinued in July of 2018, but only after Nikon had stopped releasing cameras for the system 3 years prior (which I would bet is around the time...
  9. Sibir Lupus

I've been following them for a few years as well (2013 onward), and know that Canon can surprise at times. Canon has changed strategies and is now willing to cannibalize DSLR sales to up the specs of upcoming mirrorless cameras. The possible reason we didn't see that happen with the EOS R...
  10. Sibir Lupus

Have some hope! :) Who knows, us EOS M owners could just be getting the M5 Mark II of our dreams...... OR we could just end up with a slightly higher spec version of the M50 :p.
  11. Sibir Lupus

This is what I'm hoping the M5 Mark II will be. Un-cropped 4K with DPAF, 4K 60FPS/1080p 120FPS, Digic 8 or 8+, fully articulating screen, UHS-II SD Card Slot and/or Duel SD Card Slots, and a bigger battery. I know some of that sounds like it'll never happen (this is Canon we're talking about...
  12. Sibir Lupus

Patent: New Consumer Level Zoom Lenses

IBIS isn't a full replacement for lens based IS. Yes, IBIS is great for when you have a lens mounted that doesn't have any built-in IS. But its been proven that lens based IS is currently superior, especially for video. Now if you have IBIS working in tandem with lens based IS, then that would...
  13. Sibir Lupus

Preorder: You can now preorder the Canon EOS R system and other new Canon gear

He did a decent photoshop job, but not fooling anyone here haha. And even if that was real, the grip is far to small to handle the much larger RF lenses.
  14. Sibir Lupus

Agreed, that is a bit high atm but will most likely come down in price as time goes on. Also, be happy Canon made a full functioning grip for the EOS R. The Nikon Z series optional grip is just a battery pack with no buttons or control wheels.
  15. Sibir Lupus

From what has been discussed, Canon most likely does this for a few reasons. One of which is to prevent retailers from getting the reduced price kits early on, separating the lens from it and trying to sell the body and lens separately at full MSRP. It's also a way for Canon to cash in a bit...