Recent content by Simen1

1. S

SHOTEN releases a complete series of Canon RF Lens mount adaptors

No, its not a complete series of adapters without support for K mount.
  2. S

Canon shows off it's new low light sensor, capable of 100fps video

You must be joking - NASA don't make supercomputers and you don't need one to process five 24 Mp images today (well, except from Adobe Lightroom where no supercomputer will make process even a single 20 Mp image smoothly, but that's not NASAs fault, or Canon) Since Canon can't deliver high DR...
  3. S

Patent: Canon EF 1000mm f/5.6 IS DO

The front element would be 950/5,6 = 163,8 mm across, not 178. Anyway, just do the math 125mm/178mm = f/0,702 The aperture diameter notation f/ literally means "focal length divided by". Reducing the focal length without reducing the diameter is not easy. It means higher refractive index...
  4. S

Patent: Tamron 85mm f/1.4 VC USD

I hope they make a version without VC to reduce the cost, and fit it with K-mount. I already paid for stabilization once, why would I pay for a redundant one?
  5. S

Patent: Canon 10-120mm f/1.8 Lens for 1\

I was referring to DoF, total exposure in terms of # photons in total image, total photon noise in terms of RMS per image size or fraction of image size. I could also include diffraction effects but thats not very prominent in this case. I know the aperture is focal length / 1,8 but focal...
  6. S

Patent: Canon 10-120mm f/1.8 Lens for 1\

Note, its not equivalent to a 27-324mm f/1,8 FF lens. It equivalent to a 27-324mm f/4,86 FF lens. Still quite impressive. Just like my 8-48m f/1,0 lens sounds impressive until i mention its only for 1/3" sensors.
  7. S

Patent: Canon EF 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

Nikon have one so Canon want one also. To avoid a patent conflict with Nikon they add IS to the design and adjusts the optical formula.
  8. S

Did Sigma Beat Canon to an f/2 Zoom? [CR1]

I think its a slightly reworked 18-35. I guess most of the glass is exactly the same.
  9. S

Did Sigma Beat Canon to an f/2 Zoom? [CR1]

Such a wide zoom range would probably be a f/2,5. Its a reason Sigma choose wide angle for the first f/1,8 APS-C zoom and now the first f/2 FF zoom. Thats the range where the lenses would be as small as possible. Skew that to more tele and you will get a heavier and larger lens. Especially the...
  10. S

Patent: Canon EF 10mm f/2.8

If its priced similarly astronomicaly i will prefer the Samyang 8mm f/3.5 SCII without the hood mounted. I would have to accept 0,67 stop behind the Canon, fisheye and dark corners and dark short sides. If that saves me 90% i wouldn't doubt a moment. Fisheye is easily defished, at the same time...
  11. S

Canon Updates Firmware For GP-E2, WFT-E7

Did they add a star traction function? Did they make it an internal device? Does it leave the flash shoe free? Is it free of charge when buying a camera? Did they learn anything from the competition?
  12. S

New Unique Macro Coming? [CR1]

A macro 3D lens
  13. S

Sigma to Introduce a 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens Shortly? [CR1]

All full frame lens companys make an 24mm f1.4. Canon, Nikon, Sony, Sigma, Carl Zeiss, Samyang. Sigma should rather make something uniqe. An APS-C equivalent. 15/16mm f/1,4.