Recent content by snappy604

1. S

Canon EOS R firmware 1.4.0 now available for download

thanks.. I don't get paid, but they're friends and it is a big use for me.. so may continue to wait. 80D with 1.4 glass works alright with short high speed bursts.
  2. S

what kind of lighting and burst rates? sounded like the FPS wasn't great and I tend to shoot punk type shows which have lousy lighting and lots of movement.
  3. S

But what about the huge stalker fan base?
  4. S

ON1 announces Photo RAW 2019.2, save 20% with our coupon code

as an update, it looks like CR3 is now avail. posting here here because I keep getting frustrated as $#$%$# with ON1's colour management and maybe others trying it out have the same issues. It's a tool with a lot of potential, but this and its noise reduction have been keeping me from fully...
  5. S

Our favourite hands-on preview of the Canon EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

Thanks, and I think you are right. I believe it's been mentioned before.. only diff is the m mount. Intriguing.
  6. S

Our favourite hands-on preview of the Canon EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

Honestly thought the images and video he took with the 90D and M6 MkII were pretty good. Shame it was limited to bright light, but the tracking on the m6 mkii is very very tempting. Also goes to show how much of a difference glass / composition etc makes :) the M6 MkII is micro 4/3rds right...
  7. S

Firmware: Canon EOS R v1.3.0

glad I didn't buy the R hoping they'd enhance things later in 'firmware' ..
  8. S

Canon EOS 90D full specifications

Bingo! that's pretty much how I feel reading these specs. It'll be a decent camera, the 80D sure is, but definitely not as large a jump as people had hoped for. Typical canon minor iterative evolution and certainly not motivational enough to buy from 80D level. Maybe real reviews will show a...
  9. S

Canon EOS 90D and Canon EOS M6 Mark II announcements coming at the end of August

you continue to display that maturity well...
  10. S

Canon EOS 90D and Canon EOS M6 Mark II announcements coming at the end of August

first off.. that's a shitty assumption "Please stop repeating what the youTube sensationalist spew in order to generate more clicks without actually doing your own homework." . Everything I said was 100% my experience, I have had this for a few years now. I also had a 7D mk1 for 6+ yrs. The...
  11. S

I'm not a dedicated wildlife photog, but I do take quite a bit of wildlife pics. For me the 7D mk2 felt like a minor improvement over the 7D at a highish (at the time) cost. The image quality/dynamic range/low light performance, focus points, tilty screen, etc were noticeable improvements on...
  12. S

I went from original 7d to 80d and it was an improvement.
  13. S

Sky’s the limit: Luminar 4 introduces the first automatic Sky Replacement technology

hehe ok glad to see others find sky replacement kind of a crutch... I get it when you're doing something highly artistic, but meh.. seems like cheating/fake
  14. S

Industry News: Sony Introduces the High-resolution A7R IV with World’s First 61.0 MP Back-illuminated, Full-frame Image Sensor

don't buy that hype.. it's the camera grip that determines if your pictures are PRO or not.