Recent content by snappy604

1. S

Adobe updates Lightroom Classic, adds a new texture slider and new Canon camera & lens support

do you really want to continue on an extremely off topic example and force us all to read dutch? - apologies, this probably came off badly, what I meant was that this is a canon camera rumors site and we're way off topic by a long shot and while the site owner is patient, I think we owe him to...
  2. S

Adobe updates Lightroom Classic, adds a new texture slider and new Canon camera & lens support

yes? physical property and EULAs are quite different. your bicycle maker or house builder doesn't get to change terms on you or prevent you from modifying your purchased items... software makers do? how you use your home or your flashlight or your lawnmower is generally up to you ? your bicycle...
  3. S

you're telling me adobe can't be found? have you checked under the carpet?
  4. S

if it is correct that its only some cloud, subscription which can be corrected with an update they provide for free then then it does change things. Though it was a bad PR move. Dolby is known (which I mentioned before ) to be quite litigious, but Adobe should've done a better job than saying...
  5. S

I think the person who stole it should either cover the cost or pay me to return it, not just forcibly remove it. This isn't some petty criminal, its a large corporation that is making 'record profits'.
  6. S

Adobe did the alleged infringing, not the customer and it can be fixed by adobe paying the licensing. You dont accidentally include a bunch of code of that complexity without being aware of the consequences. Adobe should be penalized, not the customer. Adobe can and should correct the...
  7. S

I understand it, disagree with it. As a publisher yes you could be compelled to stop using it. As a buyer if it never phoned home they couldn't force you to stop using it and it wouldn't be worthwhile. Today that is not true and it's been based on a frustrating licensing scheme software...
  8. S

Disagree. Adobe made it centrally controlled, silly perpetually you dont own this terms and possible to shut down on you aaaand they also may have used dolby"s software in violation of dolby's probably equally nasty terms (Dolby is known to be highly litigious)
  9. S

aware its because of litigation with Dolby what it highlights is how now Adobe can control what you thought was yours on your machine, and that's not a good feeling. And before people get all 'but microsoft' or any other cloud, or subscription etc.. I see this as a larger problem, not just...
  10. S

And don't forget the excellent customer service... They are indicating you might get sued if you continue using older versions...
  11. S

ON1 announces Photo RAW 2019.2, save 20% with our coupon code

yikes.. surprised they don't support CR3 yet. that is disturbing. I have On1 2019 and decided to support them as I was looking for a non-subscription alternative with current format support for when I get a new body. I'll have to keep a closer eye on this when they do their annual trying to...
  12. S

A new Canon DSLR seems to be getting teased on social media by a Canon ambassador

maybe someone should ask him if it is Canon? he can't say model, but maybe he can confirm brand...
  13. S

Adobe testing a new price point for the Creative Cloud Photography Plan

On1 can import most of your LR settings
  14. S

Adobe testing a new price point for the Creative Cloud Photography Plan

Yz Rly... Adobe was hacked in 2013.. leaking about 150 million records. Consolidated data is in some ways easier to protect, but also a much more tempting target. Hopefully improved security now.