Recent content by Stichus III

1. S

At least two new EOS M cameras coming in 2019 [CR2]

The argument that the EOS M system has no future as it is too limited in its lens choice, does not make any sense. This as Canon can and will release new lenses in the future. In other words, just because the EOS M lenses are limited now, does mean it will remain this way in the future. And to...
  2. S

At least two new EOS M cameras coming in 2019 [CR2]

I don't understand what the fuss is all about. EF-S lenses also never worked on the EF mount.
  3. S

First Images & More Specifications for the Canon EOS 6D Mark II Leak

Re: 6D2 photos posted, new specs as well The lack of an AF joystick should not be a problem if the 6D mark II has Touch and Drag AF like on the M5 and M6.
  4. S

Adobe Raising Prices on Creative Cloud Subscriptions in UK & Sweden

Is there any history of Adobe lowering their subscription price due to currency fluctuations that negatively affect the consumer? Just wondering.
  5. S

In praise of the M3

I am under the impression that most complaints about the M3 are made by people that don't actually own it. I find that there is not much to complain about this camera. I own the M3 and the detachable EVF. I got a great deal on them about a month before the M5 was announced. I love the form...
  6. S

Adobe Creative Apps Go Cloud Only

Re: Adobe Cloud Isn't Cloud; It's DRM The argument that if you don’t like Adobe, then you should not use Adobe products, is flawed. This as the argument conveniently ignores the fact that: (1) there is still no credible competitor to Adobe Photoshop and (2) Adobe –after finding itself in...
  7. S

Come to think of it, almost anything that you can rent, you can also choose to buy. You can rent a house, but you can also choose to buy one. You can rent/lease a car, but you can also choose to buy one. You can rent a movie, but you can also choose to buy the thing and watch it anytime you...
  8. S

I don't own $10,000-$20,000 of equipment.
  9. S

Why sell you the cow when they can rent you the milk?
  10. S

When the 6D ii is out you might want to give the On1 Photo Raw free trial a try. I did and I liked it.
  11. S

Re: Adobe Software Goes Cloud Only My aversion is due to this: A major problem with CC is that Adobe is not making it available worldwide. It is only available in select countries. In the last 10 years I have spent lots and lots of money on Adobe software, only to find myself being abandoned...
  12. S

New EOS M Camera Coming in February [CR3]

I own the M3. I use it as a secondary camera mostly on family vacations. I have personally never felt the need for an EVF, but I can't speak for all M3 users. What I did feel a need for, is better/faster AF. Because of that I would love an M5 without the EVF.
  13. S

M5 @ Photokina hands-on reports

The reviewer also says that the M5 is bulky compared to the Sony NEX-5N. The Sony body is definitely smaller than the M5 body. However, with the Zeiss lens mounted on the Nex-5N, the size advantage of the Sony NEX-5N has completely disappeared.
  14. S

More Canon EOS M5 Images & Specifications

I don't! I've never used the video function on any of my cameras. I suspect that a lot of people don't care about the video specs on their cameras.
  15. S

More Canon EOS M5 Images & Specifications

Is that going to be a customizable dial on the top? I certainly hope so!