Recent content by Stichus III

1. S

Canon RF 35mm f/1.2L USM coming in 2020 [CR1]

With so few RF lenses currently available it makes me wonder why Canon would develop a second 35 mm prime. This is a CR1 rumor.
  2. S

Canon EOS 90D Specification List [CR1]

Neuro: it's a real honor getting a reply by this forum's alpha dog! I did not want to make this about what I want, but to answer your question: the EF-M 11-22, EF-m 22 f/2 and EF-M 32 f/1.4 are all quite impressive lenses. The 22 f/2 and the 32 f/1.4 are currently 2 of my very favorite lenses...
  3. S

I agree. I am not arguing that there should be an equivalent for every EF lens. My point is that there is currently a lack of RF and EF-M lenses, which at the moment creates a problem.
  4. S

I did not say anything about an exact optical formula. I should point out that the EF-S 11-22 is a fraction of the size and weight of the EF 16-35 f/4 (I own both). If you truly believe that using an adapter is better than not having to use one, you should just say so.
  5. S

I did not know that.
  6. S

Don't put words in my mouth. For what its worth: if 2 lenses are the exact same size and weight, but one needs an adapter and the other one does not, then which one will result in a smaller and lighter camera and lens combo? I know many photographers that use adapters, but I have yet to meet...
  7. S

I totally agree. But developing (good) lenses apparently takes much more time than developing bodies. As such a short term solution is to release EF/EF-S mirrorless bodies until Canon can build up a large enough catalog of RF lenses. But this is of course pure speculation.
  8. S

Yes, and that is the problem. Adapting larger lenses to smaller bodies does not make for a good photography experience. I talk from experience. I own bodies and lenses in all 3 systems (EF-S, EF and EF-M).
  9. S

That is missing the point. Releasing more RF bodies won't help if Canon's research shows that mirrorless body sales are somewhat lagging due to a (perceived) lack of native mirrorless lenses.
  10. S

Canon currently has 17 EF-S lenses but only 8 EF-M lenses. When we take into account that Canon also has 58 EF lenses that all work natively and without the need for an adapter on the EF-S mount, it becomes hard to argue that there is no lack of EF-M lenses.
  11. S

Maybe Canon feels that in the short term EF/EF-S mirrorless cameras are needed, due to a lack of RF and EOS-M lenses.
  12. S

At least two new EOS M cameras coming in 2019 [CR2]

The argument that the EOS M system has no future as it is too limited in its lens choice, does not make any sense. This as Canon can and will release new lenses in the future. In other words, just because the EOS M lenses are limited now, does mean it will remain this way in the future. And to...
  13. S

At least two new EOS M cameras coming in 2019 [CR2]

I don't understand what the fuss is all about. EF-S lenses also never worked on the EF mount.
  14. S

First Images & More Specifications for the Canon EOS 6D Mark II Leak

Re: 6D2 photos posted, new specs as well The lack of an AF joystick should not be a problem if the 6D mark II has Touch and Drag AF like on the M5 and M6.