Recent content by t.linn

1. t.linn

More Mentions of a Canon Mirrorless Announcement Ahead of Photokina [CR1]

LOL. Just keep telling yourself that.
  2. t.linn

Kickstarter: MICRO - The World's Smallest Universal Travel Adapter

No grounding; incompatible with India Size is nice but it is a compromise for sure. Also, I'm not sure using a fuse is really the same thing as surge protection. And using a fuse instead of something that can be reset is a PITA.
  3. t.linn

Adobe Lightroom 6 Coming This Week?

I appreciate the fact that this issue has been discussed to death but it is still a relevant topic when a new version is announced and there is some ambiguity about the form in which it can be purchased. I'm not going to get too excited about discussing any new features until I know it will be...
  4. t.linn

Adobe Lightroom 6 Coming This Week?

You're right of course but I think the true objection to "rentalware" is that Adobe has you on the hook FOREVER.
  5. t.linn

Adobe Lightroom 6 Coming March 9

Re: Adobe Lightroom 6 Coming Very Soon I'm glad Adobe's rental scheme is working for you but that doesn't mean it works for everyone. It certainly doesn't work for me.
  6. t.linn

New Large Sensor PowerShot Rumor [CR3]

Re: New Large Sensor PowerShot Rumor [CR2] Here's the problem: It will probably have a Canon-made sensor. Sony's 1" sensor already outperforms the much larger sensor in the G1X ii.
  7. t.linn

New Sensor Technology Coming From Canon? [CR1]

If I were to guess, I would say that Canon will finally advance their sensor tech into this decade the day after I complete my transition to Fujifilm's X-system. ::)
  8. t.linn

Video Review: Canon PowerShot G1 X II

I always enjoy watching Kai jack around but it's hard to take him too seriously. Personally, I find his comments about size to be off base. This camera is nicely compact by my definition yet not too small for me, like the RX100II. That said, the G1X II is similar in size to a m4/3 camera...
  9. t.linn

We Have More Internal Canon Service Information on Lenses & Cameras

Yes, release them for all the reasons previously posted—and for this: Saying you've got information on faulty Canon gear and NOT releasing that information to your readership is about the worst thing you can do.
  10. t.linn

The manual for the G1 X mark II is published

Love that I can use my 600EX-RT's with this baby, only... "Wireless operation of the Speedlite 600EX-RT is not supported." >:( It would be tempting to think that maybe what Canon really means is that the on-board flash cannot be used as a master. But then one would have to wonder why the...
  11. t.linn

The manual for the G1 X mark II is published

I'm curious as to where you get this because I believe Canon specifically touted 14-bit RAW files as a feature of this camera.
  12. t.linn

Canon Announces the PowerShot G1 X Mark II

New type of high dynamic range sensor? Canon, you've got my attention. This might be the camera I've been waiting for...
  13. t.linn

Canon PowerShot G1 X II Final Specifications

Love the lens on this thing. The zoom range and speed hit a sweet spot for me. Very curious about sensor quality. I've lost all faith in Canon's sensor tech. If its dynamic range ends up the same as it's been over the last five years that's probably a deal killer. I'd rather wait for Sony...
  14. t.linn

Canon PowerShot G1 X II Final Specifications

I always find this comment interesting. Why should this bother anyone to the point of a snarky comment? It seems to me that photographers are more visually in tune with their world and more likely to appreciate beautiful design. I know I feel better owning and using something that feels...
  15. t.linn

Review: Sony A7R With Canon Glass

Exactly. It isn't even the resolution that appeals to me. It's the DR. The sad sack shadows in the Canon images bring to mind so many potentially satisfying captures that will never see the light of day because of my 5D3's sensor. I hope Novoflex follows through with their adapter to make...