Recent content by Tabor Warren Photography

1. Tabor Warren Photography

Thom Hogan: Seven Reasons Why I Shoot With (Nikon) DSLRs

I'm glad you questioned my answer! After taking another look, I added back the first two hours when I shouldn't have. They meet up at 9:00. 1:00, both trains are at the station // Train A takes of at 75mph 2:00, Train A is now 75 miles away continuing at 75mph // Train B is sitting still //...
  2. Tabor Warren Photography

Thom Hogan: Seven Reasons Why I Shoot With (Nikon) DSLRs

8 Hours... It would take train B 8 hours to pass train A, at 11:00pm. Am I the only one who sought out to answer the train question? -Tabor
  3. Tabor Warren Photography

Largest softbox size to use with 600 EX-RT?

Hi Perio, I would recommend looking into this Westcott kit; http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1005758-REG/westcott_2036_rapid_box_2_light.html. I just bought it a couple of weeks ago and it is amazing, completely revolutionized our flash work, and delivers a much, much better product. A...
  4. Tabor Warren Photography

My First Wedding (highlights)

Congratulations, StudentOfLight! Those are some fantastic shots for your first wedding! I certainly wish my first wedding looked like that. :) I'm also selfishly glad to hear your insight regarding the responsibilities of the wedding photographer. I feel like our market is over saturated and...
  5. Tabor Warren Photography

Used 5D2 or Refurb 6D?

Photography is my wife and my full-time job. We mostly shoot weddings, but have been known to do most anything. We shoot 4 5D3's, and 1 5D2. I do not like the 5D2. I do not like it at all. We've owned the 7D, 60D, and T1i and though I prefer the 5D2 over those, I would certainly trade it out...
  6. Tabor Warren Photography

Education advice.

Hi there CanonFanBoy! I would jump over to creativelive.com. Photography is the sole income for my wife and I and has been since we committed to the career about two years ago, (best decision ever btw). With Creative Live, you choose what you are wanted to learn more about, find an amazing...
  7. Tabor Warren Photography

Should you be allowed to shoot down a drone?

I am certainly not arguing the case that it would make anyones day. Having to use lethal force always does and will have consequences, both on the person who died, as well as anyone else involved in the situation. Texas is very similar in gun ownership laws as Oklahoma. Many of us here, myself...
  8. Tabor Warren Photography

Should you be allowed to shoot down a drone?

Tinky, your world sounds fantastic. Where I live, practically everyone has a gun. In fact, I've used mine twice in the last two days to kill rattlesnakes on and near my driveway. I've grown up around guns, my kids grow up around guns, there is no "cool" factor with guns around here. It's...
  9. Tabor Warren Photography

DVD Made with Encore Won't Play on my DVD Player... Rawr.

I have gone through a ton of DVD's in my old player and only had one that actually worked like it was supposed to. I got the player many years ago from an estate sale. I think it may be time for an upgrade, but if I can get a disk to play on it, I would imagine it would play on most of my...
  10. Tabor Warren Photography

Mt Spokane to the rescue!!! Any chance you might want to come hang out in Tulsa, OK for a few weeks or years? I don't know how you know all of these things, but it would be great to work in the same office. Thank you for your input señor! I believe the issue is resolved. Wahoo! All my best...
  11. Tabor Warren Photography

The quality is there, it plays well on the computer, but will not play in our good ol' DVD player. My last client disk played on our DVD player, but not the clients. I'm fairly certain that I am the common denominator, but cannot seem to figure out or find the answer online. Any ideas? -Tabor
  12. Tabor Warren Photography

UPDATED w/ First Video "Getting into Videography | Workflow, Equipment, and Length

I was using one of the Canon presets, but will be shooting the wedding fairly flat and editing in post. I know it will likely take more of my time, but I think I'll be able to really make the video my own. Plus, I'm sure I'll edit faster as time goes on, so I might as well go ahead and start...
  13. Tabor Warren Photography

UPDATED w/ First Video "Getting into Videography | Workflow, Equipment, and Length

Hi Cayenne, Thank you very much for the 'good effort' compliment and your input! I knew going in that white balance was going to be tricky. I am so used to shooting RAW and fixing WB in post that I failed to realize just how off the camera can be. I've downloaded Ray Roman's videos on Creative...
  14. Tabor Warren Photography

Re: Getting into Videography | Workflow, Equipment, and length That's odd! I wonder I just checked on my side and it all seems to be working fine. I wonder if anyone else has had that problem. Here is the Vimeo direct link; https://vimeo.com/127223798 Thank you very much for letting me know...