Recent content by takesome1

1. T

Canon posts RF lens control ring modification information

Really it is "Whoops we have done this over and over again with our DSLR's ever since video has been introduced. We keep finding out that people want lenses that do not make noise and we we never pay attention, we learned nothing and need to put out a fix".
  2. T

The RF mount “Holy Trinity” should be ready to ship before the end of July 2019 [CR2]

Pre-Fire does it matter other than to you, there are thousands of pictures of the Notre Dame Cathedral. Yours is just one of a multitude. During the fire though, how would you ever recreate it.
  3. T

Another mention of a 70+ megapixel EOS R camera

If everyone read the forums and did google searches for the subject they are debating the forums would likely die. Ignorance is one of the basic building blocks for internet forums well... that and 3rd grade English teachers looking to hone their skills by being the grammar police.
  4. T

Is the EOS 7D Mark II the last in the 7D series? We’re told that it is [CR1]

Please tell us that you had someone shooting for you. If not you started the marriage on the right foot.
  5. T

I would have been impressed if you had a back up vehicle for rainy days.
  6. T

Is the EOS 7D Mark II the last in the 7D series? We’re told that it is [CR1]

The crop factor and reach, the most miss represented thing about camera bodies in the last decade. Sold as trick photography using the narrower FOV on the smaller sensor. Magically it could turn your 100mm lens to a 140mm. The lengthy heated debates over the higher pixel density of the crop...
  7. T

:rolleyes: It must be an off day for Neuro. We have come to expect better.
  8. T

A typical example of a flawed comparison. Normalize the two samples to the exact same framing and size and make the comaprison. Pictures are not displayed in the same fashion as this comparison.
  9. T

The 5Ds R really didn't have much of a learning curve from my point of view. I always thought the high mp harder to get sharp discussion was blown out of proportion by those who were justifying not making the move to the high mp body. Not saying I am a master at technique, but mine was adequate...
  10. T

Report: The next EOS R camera is reported to be undergoing field testing [CR1]

If what you say is true, is Washington DC a Mental Asylum?
  11. T

I had this fantasy when the 5Ds R was released. If we do not hope we will not be disappointed.
  12. T

Good... good... It will be my next canon :D
  13. T

Canon announces the Canon IVY CLIQ+ (Zoemini S) and Canon IVY CLIQ (Zoemini C) instant camera printers

You really are in your own little world. You really think your opinions give your argument merit. Now that is an interesting lead in, since you are the one who first made stock comparisons. I wonder how many shares of CAJ you own. FWIW I sold all mine at 38 when it was obvious the camera...
  14. T

Results of my new Canon 600mm f/4 III with the 1.4x III converter to make it 840mm

With the release of the 5Ds R the crop debate should be dead. Only occasionally do we see it pop up any more. When the crop had more mp density it was an arguable thing. Assuming you have to crop your picture with the Full Frame body to a size equal to the crop, there is little or no difference...
  15. T

Results of my new Canon 600mm f/4 III with the 1.4x III converter to make it 840mm

I think whether it is acceptable or not will depend entirely on your standards. For the pictures you posted my standard is the lenses ability to draw out the fine detail around the eye. I have always found the 1.4x to be adequate and the 2x to be marginal. Please report your opinion back once...