Recent content by takesome1

1. T

Critics corner?

Asking for constructive criticism from those that excel in their craft is a great idea. Asking for constructive criticism from the general public in an internet forum is just self abuse.
  2. T

Trust me, I'm a scientist (and not an advertising exec or journalist)

It depends, if you are asking me for medical advice hopefully you are not one of the 37%.
  3. T

Well only 23% trust Pollsters, what does that say about the credibility of their Poll.
  4. T

If a Scientist quotes a study that interviewed random people about "trustworthiness", knowing that those people interviewed were just random people on the internet and then makes the statement: "So when it comes to considering the merits of cameras and lenses, you know whom to trust more! "...
  5. T

Apologies.

I would suggest sensitivity training to understand those who are overly exuberant about their DSLR's and extinction.
  6. T

An APS-C sensor equipped EOS R camera mentioned again [CR1]

That is laughable. Price the John Deere tractors from the 70's. A tractor that old in good shape is still functional and relevant for its use. My 2008 JD I can sell for 80% of what I paid. Camera bodies are technology items. The 5D II I paid $2500 for 10 years ago I can get around $500 for...
  7. T

An APS-C sensor equipped EOS R camera mentioned again [CR1]

John Deere is the extreme example. If there was a picture by "brand loyalty" in the dictionary it would be a JD tractor. It was that way a long time before the internet was invented. Nikon vs Canon is a mild debate compared to tractors. FYI when buying a tractor you are making a long term...
  8. T

Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

It has a full 360 view actually all angles. Forward, Back and Side. But the dynamic range sucks, at night with the red backup lights on you can see nothing. Ford hasn't caught up to Sony. I am so mad at Ford I may start driving a Sony.
  9. T

Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

My F150 has 450hp stock engine, has Ford Performance printed on the step plate and is a beast from the factory. Not all F150's are created equal. I am very sure the mustang has backup cameras, ac, satellite radio, collision alert and all the adds the F150 has. Hopefully it has the AC seats so I...
  10. T

Canon officially announces the RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS STM

It sounds like someone is full of stuff*
  11. T

Canon’s EOS-1D X Mark II equivalent mirrorless is coming sooner than originally thought [CR1]

You should think about your posts and their content., especially when offering a critique of how someone communicates in a post. If it makes everyone look like idiots, everyone would also include you.
  12. T

Canon’s EOS-1D X Mark II equivalent mirrorless is coming sooner than originally thought [CR1]

Perhaps he is anti Dr. Seuss and doesn't like made up nonsense words.
  13. T

What super-telephoto zooms do you use?

By Canon's definition of a "Super Telephoto" only one Canon you listed qualifies. The other Canon's are just "Telephoto Zoom". Possibly the common definition of "Super" some photogs use is different than Canon's.
  14. T

Are high end DSLRs officially dead now?

People are going to continue to use DSLR's because of all the interchangeable-lenses that remain. The DSLR market is going to get smaller and smaller but it is not yet dead. Ignore the half baked math and read what Canon is telling us: for interchangeable-lens cameras we saw rapid contraction...
  15. T

Rest well Canon EOS 7D series [CR2]

Since it is June I have less of an opinion. But if you had asked me in January about global warming, I would have said I am all for it. Overall with climate change the scientific facts have little impact on the discussion, the fact that matter is that many / most people are greedy and self...