Recent content by TexPhoto

1. TexPhoto

A bit more about the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III [CR2]

The positive energy here is contagious! I can't wait for this camera!
  2. TexPhoto

The Fisheye in Sports

The fish lens was one i always desperately wanted when I was young. The photos were very rare, but when sports illustrated did a big multi-page layout you might see one. That always made it special to me. Anyway here are some of mine, show me some of yours.
  3. TexPhoto

Cable Release Drives me Nuts.

I shoot a 5D IV and 7D II right now, but have owned 10 or so other canon bodies. I have a Canon RS-80N3 cable release. When the cable release is plugged into either body, many of the cameras buttons go dead. The play button for example. Take a 30 second exposure, let me see if it looks...
  4. TexPhoto

Extenders, Still worth it, now that cameras have tiny pixels?

I shoot most field sports in both day and night conditions. When I acquired my 400mm F2.8 IS almost 11 years ago, I purchased a 1.4X and 2.0X Externder, both version II. At the time I was shooting a 5D with 12.8 MP, and I found the quality not perfect, but much better than simply cropping. A...
  5. TexPhoto

Surfing Puerto Rico, Corona Pro Circuit

Arriving Early for that morning light. This is on the West Coast of PR, so the sun rises behind you.
  6. TexPhoto

Recover lost photos but not "unlost" photos

OK, a client has given me a huge task of recovering photos from free space on drives. But the drives have 1000s of photos on them that are not lost. The drives have not failed, they were just reformatted at some point and used again. So far my efforts to recover photos is really slowed...
  7. TexPhoto

FutBall / Soccer / Football

IMG_0366 by RexPhoto91, on Flickr IMG_0343 by RexPhoto91, on Flickr SE9A0099 by RexPhoto91, on Flickr
  8. TexPhoto

What about the Fans?

Untitled by RexPhoto91, on Flickr Untitled by RexPhoto91, on Flickr Untitled by RexPhoto91, on Flickr Untitled by RexPhoto91, on Flickr
  9. TexPhoto

Sigma Releases New Firmware For Improved Canon Compatibility With Several Art Series Lenses

I own 2 Sigma Art lenses and ALWAYS update them. That said, I've NEVER seem any change in performance. And a used dock is like $40 on ebay.
  10. TexPhoto

Will Canon make a tilt-shift adapter for all EF lenses for the Canon R?

A larger image circle is certainly helpful, but not required. This seems like a bad idea, a gimmick best left for 3rd party makers, but it is certainly possible. Most zoom lenses make a very large image circle when on their longer end btw.
  11. TexPhoto

300 or 400mm for Runners?

There are many reasons to go to a long lens like a 300 or 400. Reach is obviously one. I can't walk closer, but I can shoot closer. But style is another. A long lens photo looks very different. In many ways it "says" sports photography. I looks like the photos in sports illustrated. And...
  12. TexPhoto

What about the Fans?

_Z6I3329 by RexPhoto91, on Flickr _Z6I3315 by RexPhoto91, on Flickr SE9A6699 by RexPhoto91, on Flickr SE9A6539 by RexPhoto91, on Flickr
  13. TexPhoto

Airliners

REX2 by RexPhoto91, on Flickr