Recent content by timmy_650

1. T

Tokina officially announces the Opera 16-28mm F/2.8 FX

It makes me wonder how much the Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX will drop in price. It is a little under $600 new.
  2. T

Two more RF mount lenses could be coming in 2019 [CR2]

That is true, but I don't know if I can afford that trip to Mordor.
  3. T

Then I have no reason to buy a RF mount. I can just keep using my old 6D.
  4. T

I wish they would make a cheap wide angle, something that will pair well with the RP camera. Like the EF-s 10-18 but for full frame.
  5. T

Canon officially announces the EOS RP

Did anyone count how many times he said Full Frame, I lost count after 23.
  6. T

Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro to be offered as an EOS RP kit lens in Japan

It kinda feels like there is a conflict at canon on what they should be doing with the R mount first. They are making great top of the line lenses and bottom of the Line FF bodies. I think the RP body is a smart choice, low cost full frame camera could sell really well but not if it doesn't...
  7. T

Is this the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III?

People like my father seem to like them, He was a photo guy in the film days but never made a strong transition into digital. So he has good photo skills but doesn't want a huge camera.
  8. T

Why WOULD Canon make another SLR/DSLR now?

What I would be interested in seeing is the 5DV coming in with both mirrorless option and DSLR at about the same time. That is a number I would want to compare. I doubt it will happen. When you compare random months so much it when camera were released.
  9. T

Kickstarter: New Startup Launches World’s First Titanium Tripod & Ballhead

Is it bad I was reading the tripod chart and I thought I should look into the Feisol tripod, it looked better in very way and I can get it this week and not have to wait months. I probably won't
  10. T

Patent: Canon RF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM

I love it, it feels like ever post about a new lens for the R mount. Someone complains about it not coming for the EF mount or EF mount is dead. There isn't many holes in the EF line up (expect for a 50mm f1.4). They are making new revision of EF lenses with a different white paint. I don't...
  11. T

Canon continues to outsell everyone in the full frame segment according to BCN

They have made a lot of camera in there years, they had their AXX0, which a some of them had ok spec but I never knew anyone who used them. Then there was the A77 or A99 ish camera what looked really on paper but did people use them? I don't know. It wasn't until the NEX that I started seeing...
  12. T

Canon continues to outsell everyone in the full frame segment according to BCN

I am impressed with sony from a business stand point. They put the A7 model out in 2014ish and now it 2018 and they are viable option. That is hard to do granted they are a huge corporation with a well known name. I am really happy they are out and come such a far way. I think they (same with...
  13. T

Patent: 400mm f/2.8 DO and 300 f/2.8 DO

They might be similar to existing big whites, so making them in EF might be kinda pointless.
  14. T

Patent: Canon RF 14-21mm f/1.4L, yes…. f/1.4

The EOS-R fits pretty much everything I need and I am shooting a 6D and it is about time to upgrade but I worry lenses that I will pay for will be a long time out. I am not sure now long it will take other companies to start making R mount lenses. That is a cool lens but I don't care to drop...
  15. T

Poll: Mirrorless XXD (90D) mount

I was reading a bunch of talk about the conflict with having the M- mount and the R-mount. I was wondering if the XXD (80D) series went mirrorless, what mount do you think they would put on the camera.