Recent content by Tom W

1. T

An RF mount L macro lens will be announced alongside the high-megapixel EOS R camera

Unique? How about a tilt/shift Macro lens. That would be unique, but perhaps quite useful given the shallow DOF that wider apertures give us. Being able to move the focus plan around a bit would be beneficial.
  2. T

Patent: Multiple small RF prime lens optical formulas

The 20 would be interesting in f/2. Throw in a 28/2 and a 50/2 or 50/1.4 and you'd have a decent family of moderately-priced wide-normal lenses. Maybe an 85/2 also. I know that they're working on the high-end first, but us regular people need lenses too. Although I have no problem adapting my...
  3. T

Patent: 83mp full-frame image sensor from Canon

A natural projection of the new 32.5 mpx 90D/M6 II sensor. If that sensor is as good as some are saying, then this will be a really nice body from Canon. They'll certainly have the top-notch glass for it. Now, as for the 1-series, mirrorless or DSLR, I'm thinking that a new 30-32 mpx sensor...
  4. T

Our favourite hands-on preview of the Canon EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

Jared definitely prefers the mirrorless over the DSLR. And he makes a compelling case for just that. One thing I'd argue with him on - he suggests getting NO EOS-M glass. I disagree. While all the Canon EF glass is compatible with the adapter, there are a couple of nice gems in the M lineup...
  5. T

Canon officially announces the EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

I have a feeling that 2 bodies are going to be coming down the pike, perhaps after the holidays or in the spring - the real replacement for the M5 and the real replacement for the 7D2. And what will those bodies bring? Same/similar sensor to these, but with some tweaks, improved AF, higher...
  6. T

Patent: Canon RF 17-70mm f/3.5-5.6

Yes, an ideal focal length for APS-C, or a nice ultra-wide zoom for FF. Also, with the cropped 4K on the R, it would be a nice lens for video.
  7. T

Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

Pre-order? No. Might be interested in the M6 II, or an M5 if/when it comes out. Kind of holding out on the next RF mount body.
  8. T

Canon EOS M6 Mark II promotional video appears to have leaked

Very interesting. Even more interesting than the 90D, mainly because I seem to be favoring the potential of the mirrorless.
  9. T

Canon EOS 90D promotional video appears to have leaked

Looks like a pretty nice package overall. Interesting...
  10. T

An APS-C sensor equipped EOS R camera mentioned again [CR1]

Size matters - look at the size of lenses for the M mount compared to the RF mount. What advantage, other than the price of the body, would an APS-C RF camera offer?
  11. T

An RF super telephoto zoom on the way, likely in late 2020 [CR1]

200-500 f/5.6 IS and a 1.4X teleconverter would make a very good birding kit. Especially with a pretty fast sporty body.
  12. T

A new EOS Rebel is coming this month, possibly an EOS Rebel T8i or entry level EOS M camera[CR1]

I think it's a pretty safe bet that there is always a new rebel coming. Sometimes, just a dressed-up version of the previous model with a couple of new features, and sometimes, an entirely new model. But there's always a new rebel right around the corner.
  13. T

Here is an updated list of unreleased Canon gear from certification agencies

I might as well throw my WAG out there. M5-II M6-II Minor revision to M-100 Lenses - Smaller kit lens Super-zoom, say 18-200 or something like that Maybe an f/4 zoom, 16-55 or something of that nature. Ok, those last 2 put the W in WAG.
  14. T

Canon Releases DPP 4.10.40 & Picture Style Editor 1.22.40

DPP is just a couple of features short of keeping me from needing other software like Lightroom to process photos. I'd gladly pay a little extra for those features in DPP as opposed to renting from Adobe.