Recent content by Uneternal

1. Uneternal

The Canon EOS M50 leads mirrorless camera sales in Japan for March 2019

Sales aren't made by the best cameras but actually the best you can get for cheap. I've got my M50 yesterday and must say I'm not really impressed. Its plastic fantastic, even my G7X feels a lot more expensive and precious holding it. It does take good pictures tho.
  2. Uneternal

Canon EOS R firmware version 1.2.0 announced

Yet another minor update. Wasn't there a rumor about a major firmware update which would introduce new features? @Viggo: Canon doesn't even get its eye AF right. Some people pointed out, it focusses on eyelashes instead of the retina. I love my R but it really bugs me that Canon seems to loose...
  3. Uneternal

Here’s the list of Canon camcorders being announced next week

HF G60 already? Not even 4 months after HF G50 was announced on CES in January?
  4. Uneternal

The SPEEDMASTER 50mm f/0.95 III coming for the RF mount

IDK but isn't Shoten just a (Japanese) producer of adapters? And why would they announce products from 2 different Chinese manufacturers? Speedmaster is a sub-brand from manufacturer Zhong Yi. And 7Artisans is another Chinese manufacturer. I'm confused... Otherwise really looking forward to...
  5. Uneternal

Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

A repackaged 6D2 with the same sh*tty sensor. Don't get your pants wet with the price, I bet my last shirt it's gonna cost $1599 - body only. Cause 6D2 goes for $1499 already.
  6. Uneternal

Canon EOS RP Specifications [CR1]

I would take this rumored price with a BIG grain of salt. The original EOS R was also rumored to be under $2000 and it turned out to be more (much more in Europe actually: 2500€ = $2850) I think the former $1599 price tag seems more realistic. Unless they finally realized the only way they can...
  7. Uneternal

Canon confirms 8K capable EOS R camera in development

They don't even have the technology for 10 fps at 30 megapixels. They currently aren't even able to do a 4K 30 fps readout w/o crop. So how in the world do they want to output 30 fps with at least 33 MP resolution (7680x4320)? I call BS on that. Not happening this year or anytime soon.
  8. Uneternal

Ended: Vote on your favourite new gear of 2018

Where are the results?
  9. Uneternal

DPReview: Canon EOS R vs Nikon Z 6 vs Sony a7 III, which is best?

As always, Dpreview favors Sony over everything. And Nikon gets the bonus second place for having a Sony sensor. Deliberately hiding the fact, that EF lenses perform far better on an EOS R with native adapter than on a Sony with third party adapter at reduced burst rate and also reduced AF hit...
  10. Uneternal

Canon EOS R body with more than 75mp on the horizon [CR2]

I'm actually a little bit worried about Canons future. So if we look at former rumors, they said Canon is only releasing 2 more models in 2019 and one of them is going to be an entry-level EOS R. So the other one seems to be this 75MP model which is a successor of the 5DSR and probably optimated...
  11. Uneternal

Review: Canon EOS R by DPReview

For me its pretty obvious that Canon was in a hurry. Another rumor last year said there were 2 teams working on different cameras. I suppose one team was meant to use existing technology put it in a slightly smaller housing and make a camera that could be released before Christmas. While the...
  12. Uneternal

Canon to use a Sony image sensor in an upcoming APS-C ILC body? [CR1]

Yeah I also believe they will use this sensor in a powershot like the G7X III but very unlikely they gonna use it in any DPAF camera. Why would Canon ditch their major advantage DPAF which is not even exhausted to its full potential yet?
  13. Uneternal

Full frame mirrorless market share: Canon already has 22% of the market in Japan

After all the bad reviews, a lot of people saying its the worst Canon ever and Sony fanboys picking on the EOS R for no fullframe 4K and no IBIS... the camera STILL sells like hotcakes and almost took a fourth of the market share from Sony. Again: We are talking about ONE camera model that IMHO...
  14. Uneternal

Canon EOS R visual size comparison against the Sony A7 III and Nikon Z6

Sony A7 looks like a toy even though they already put a bigger grip. I'm pretty sure Canon will also do better in the heat with the bigger housing. This is what a pro mirrorless should look like.
  15. Uneternal

Here are the official Canon EOS R introduction videos

Drool :) Like I said, its getting features from M50 like eye AF. Another feature that beats Nikon Z.